Cheapest and Fastest

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
freedom - first - relax.

second - yes - i have owned a durtrax product - and have 2 friends that have the st. my neighbor also has a rustler, and an original stampede. he has had the stampede now for 4 years - and i run with him all the time. the thing is a tank - it never breaks, and he is still on the same orginal engine. i personally do not like traxxas products, but have to give them alot of credit. finally - my duratrax never handled well, ran poorly, ran hot, and broke if u looked at it funny. i sold it to someone in order to get a better product, and it has broken on him multiple times as well. the ST's that i bash with have yet to ever finish the day without something breaking. ever. to compound upon that - i have never seen one in a race, ever.

Finally - this thread was not the best ST, otherwise i would have recommended something else - it is the fastest and cheapest. the rustler. out of the box, without any mods, is the fastest ST out there for a reasonable price. got money? then go with the Schumacher. But for less than 300.00 - there really isnt another ST that can touch the rustler as far as top speed.

duratrax makes a decent entry level basher - and if u have one, and like it - good for u! that is all that matter. but u are an exception - as most people who have had duratrax products in this forum will agree that they were very dissatisfied with them. Once again - the majority of people who have owned the duratrax lineup had tons of problems with them. If you got a goods one - then great! have fun! thats what its all about. but i would still recommend against them based on my experience, and the multiple experiences of my friends.

It seems that everyone who doesn't like the Rustler are the ones who say "Well my cousin's friend or whoever had one and it broke x parts going off a teeny bump, but my ___ is so durable I have never broken a piece on the truck and blah blah blah." There is one certian post on here that comes to mind that's like that. I won't name any names though.
yet i imagine that a rustler would still have a higher top end, cause traxxas gears the hell out of it.
They aren't geared for top end at all. And with the stock gearing, they are able to flip over backwards doing a wheelie. It is the same gearing that was used on the Pro .15 Rustlers.

And finally, they are very strong. My longest jump was 52' on cement. They are many people who have gone farther than me, into the 60 and 70' range. And this is without broken parts. That was with a good landing. I'm sure that if it landed upside down or crooked something would break, but there isn't a car out there that wouldn't.

Wow. I can't believe I am wasting my time arguing over a topic that has been argued about a million times. I think that some people just don't want the Rustler to be better at something than another car, so they talk trash. Not everyone here is like that, just some.

Matt

mattf - once again i will state what i always say - I personally do not like traxxas products. i have my reasons. however - i will be the first to say that the rustler seems to be a pretty darn well put together truck. note - i said well put together, oh and fast. but thats all i am gonna give it credit for. I have never seen one win a race, ever. i have never seen one even entered into a national race. ever. and at this time - the new 2.5 mill has more complaints per 1000 than any other engine on the market. Even more than trinity import mills. my point is this - for a basher, i personally would never own a traxxas, but i can see the advantages there, and would not recommend against it for someone else. most people i see who have the rustler are very happy with it, and i say good for them!

Is the maximum st pro the one with the OS built .18? I am not a fan of Duratrax products, but there is some appeal, especially for the noobies (just ask RobH). I am also not a fan of the Rustler, but to answer the question, there is not a ST out there that is staright up faster than the Rusty. The 2.5 is a touchy mill however, so the Duratrax(if it has the OS mill might not be a bad option)

we are refering the fastest and cheapest, freedom - as we have mentioned earlier in this post - the shumacher is the fastest - but even it isnt as fast as the rusty, without the optional gearing.

Well first of all that thing has a .21 in it but I'm sure it goes just as fast as they say. But in one case, your wrong because our question is about fastest AND CHEAPEST. So a schumaker wont be on his shopping list soon. At over 300 a RC10gt would be a better choice. But I also have to disagree with NitroAddict. Having a bad "vibe" toward traxxas doesn't mean you can deterr people from buying traxxas products. Traxxas makes alot of quality parts and kits. The T-Maxx and the TRX2.5 are some examples. So next time try using the facts instead of feelings.

for the 1,000,000,000 time and THE LAST TIME. I recommend traxxas products all the time! I recommended the Rustler in in this very thread.
---
I give traxxas products plenty of credit, but i do not think the 2.5 is worth a crap, compared to other engines in its price class, nor do i think the Tmaxx is worth anything, again, comparing it to others in its class, such as the Savage.

I know what you mean nitroaddict, I wasn't whining about you. You seem to have a valid, well put argument. And I would laugh if I ever saw a Rustler in a major race. What a laughing stock that would be.

How Do the Schumacher's hold up? Durable? Are they quality products? All they really seem to be about is top speed. Are they competitive?...I don't think I've ever seen a stadium truck hit 70+mph in a race....

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
How Do the Schumacher's hold up? Durable? Are they quality products? All they really seem to be about is top speed. Are they competitive?...I don't think I've ever seen a stadium truck hit 70+mph in a race....

first - the shumacher will not hit 70 out of the box. u must purchase the optional gearing, and have access to a runway. next - unless u live in europe - the shumacher is a bad bet, as they do not import parts to the US retail. so when u break something - u have to order it, and it takes like 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the info, very helpfull.

Hes correct but, schumaker is all about speed. If you look at an ad for any of their vehicles it will say __+ OUT OF THE BOX ARE YOU READY FOR THIS SPEED?

They seem to be strong but yet I dont think much vehicles can hold together hitting a wall going 70+.
Stick with the AE, Losi or Traxxas.

I have a Rustler and a favorite RC10GT.

The Rustler is very fast for a stadium truck. The down side is that it's not an RC10GT. Can't take the same abuse either. I have had trouble with everything from the steering to engine tuning on that Rustler. My RC10GT gave me none of that. In fact I recently had to replace the a-arms and the tranny on my GT (its a few years old), not because anything broke but because the parts wore out from old age.

I find the combination of RC10GT + OS Engine to be quite durable. I can go and run it, bring it home, clean it and puit it away for next week.

EB

elburro - what the hell was up with that last post?

Originally posted by Nitroaddict

Nitroaddict-what the hell was up with that last post?

Originally posted by Nitroaddict

Actually, I'm not sure what I did. Sorry.

Nitro Rustler!

The only ST I have seen is a Nitro Ruster.I used to have one with a megatech .16 engine on it.Mine handled the jumps well, and had great speed.It you are going to get a new Nitro Rustler 2.5 you may want to take a note that the new 2.5 engine is hard to adjust.My uncles friend turned the needle a little bit and the thing stalled all the time.