chat room?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3gsweet

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
how come there is no chat room to go to to talk about r/c stuff?:dumb:

you can make your own on aim if thats what your talking about... in chat name you can name it RCNitroTalk or somethin like that and people can type that in and go right to a live chat with other people...

You can't moderate Chat Rooms and that could be bad for the RCNT name.

Originally posted by Mayhem
You can't moderate Chat Rooms and that could be bad for the RCNT name.

Can't moderate chat rooms, but can moderate "talkers" to a great degree.

I might be willing to run a test talker for RCNT if the powers that be on the forum would give their blessing for me to do so. And if the interest were there from the forum users.

Just something to think about. I have the server in place, would just need to modify it to a RC Motif.

Jim

I asked Woodie about this a while back. Here is his response link

I did host a chat room for a few days when RCNT moved servers a few weeks ago, while we were waiting on the dns to update. But again I will refer you to woodies post above. Last night I was playing with installing another chat room on my site but the fact of the matter is Java and PHP chats eat server resources.. An IRC chat room is the best option in my opion if we are to do it....X

There are a few problems with chat rooms:

1. Very hard to censor - granted the site itself runs on a PG-13 to a R rating. Anything thats affiliated with RCNT needs to have some kind of censorship by myself and the rest of the RCNT Team.

2. Unless its intergrated into the site, it now becomes an issue of who uses that software? who knows how to use it? and will it even run on their system? Do members now have to have two different logins? So on and so on.

3. Chat rooms can also steal from the forum. Being the chat room is real time what is said is only shown to those that is currently in the chatroom, and even then only for a short time. So any good info will be missed by a great deal of members, along with that there is no way to go back and do a search for the info. Its its gone, its gone for good. With a forum its there until the database kills over.

While I do enjoy the chats with members, either one on one or in a chat room. I dont see this feature being added to RCNT anytime soon.

However there has been a RCNT chat room via AIM, this is started by someone else. If you would like to start your own R/C Chat room then by all means do so, I can not stop what you do on your own servers, but I will say RCNT will not be affiliated with any chat rooms anytime soon.

-WoodiE

how about one threw IRC... like maxxtraxx has setup.... just an idea....

with irc (using like mIRC) you can set up a bot to monitor the language and keep it in a pg13 rating....

maybe some one will set one up... it would be good for some VERY quick help and for just BSing around....

Back