Changing engines on my Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for some ideas or suggestions on a new engine for my Revo. I thought I was set on a .26 Picco Red Dot until I went to the local hobby shop tonight. The guy there said that he thinks the Picco is too hard to keep tuned in the humidity we get around here. He recomended an O.S. .21 or this Sirio .23 that he had there for $125.00. I am just looking for a stable bigger engine for bashing. The $125.00 for the Sirio seems like a good price but I do not know the first thing about them. What do you guys think? I've been reading some of the other threads and it seems like everyone here likes the Picco. Does anyone else have trouble with them in the humidity? Thanks in advance for any help...

Wanna rip in it? Try and LRP .28R Spec 3 :)

O.S. makes great engines. A .21 would be a little easier on drivetrain parts too.

Does anyone know anything about the Sirio .23? All I have manage to find about it is that it is now discontinued.

i like my Hyper .21's. 4port and 8port's. Make good power, and are relatively cheap, and parts are easy to come by.

Self ported 4port in my OFNA Pirate 10 Monster ran 52mph pass after pass, no mods to the truck other then porting the sleeve in engine. The truck bone stock ran 47-48mph. They seem to respond quite well to simple flow mods...and the 8ports make even better power.

Last edited:
Ok I live in Okinawa Japan....relative humidity is always around 80-90% and I have had NO problems with the Picco .26. However, I HAVE had trouble keeping my Sirio .23 running correctly. The OS .21TM is also a really good choice but you can't go wrong with the Picco.

Last edited:
Joey meant CAN'T go wrong with the Picco.:) Just be prepared to do some driveline upgrades. Especially the rear center shaft. At least keep spare stockers around. They're cheap and easy enough to replace. The Picco is a notorious leaker as well. A good seal job eliminates that problem though.

Thanks guys. I really want the Picco but didn't want to get into more issues. I think I'm going to end up with both eventually because my hobby shop really wants rid of that Sirio and if I can get it cheap enough I'll buy it just to have.

And the upgrades to the drive train, that's the main reason I want to get more power!! I love the idea of spinning of drive shafts and stuff... My thoery is: If it aint broke make it break so you can upgrade!!

If you go with the Sirio, find a better mount for it. I've only had experience with two Sirios, but one mount broke during break in and the other didn't make it much longer. I can't remember what mount was used to remedy this problem. Both engines ran great though. I believe the red dot mount fit it, but find out for sure first.