bringing home the bacon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadian-mgt

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
the local track had a big monster truck madness night last night,there was a big race,tug-o-war,and long jump competiton.the MGTs put on a strong showing,mine won 2nd place in the main event race finishing behind another guy who was also running one.in the tug-o-war I took the win in the final by pulling a modified maxx 2 1/2 feet back across the line :hehe: the only place we didn't fare so well was in the long jump,mainly because of the weight disadvantage.all in all it was a great night and proved to all the doubters there that the MGT is one solid truck.

ready_to_rock2.jpg

race_trophy.jpg

tugowar_trophy.jpg

Congrats on your victory... Sounds like it was a great time...

That gives me an idea for the ECB II... TUG-O-WAR... To bad Christian & DarthRacer gave everyone the 1/8th scale bug... I'd put my Maxx up against Chris's CyberMaxx though...lol

Congrats Canadian! Sorry won the Stanley Cup though. lol

Imbroken- that would be a good event to have at the ECB II. I'll put up my Mammoth or Maxx against anyone elses truck. By the way how did u like my Flyin Mammoth in the Dash & Bash vid?

I saw that thing flyin through the air... lol I haven't see one in person yet, but it seemed to handle your abuse...

ImBroken said:

That gives me an idea for the ECB II... TUG-O-WAR... To bad Christian & DarthRacer gave everyone the 1/8th scale bug... I'd put my Maxx up against Chris's CyberMaxx though...lol

I have a Savage SS I could do some pulling with!

ImBroken said:

Yea that would not be much of a problem... my Microsizer car could beat the Shelfmaxx I mean Cybermax..... LOL I guess it actually has to be started once even to be in the running LOL

No reason we couldnt have a tog o war with the buggies as well.

Congrats Canadian!!!

canadian, how do you like the bow-ties? I am still racing with the stock tires. I actually like them as they are so tall I don't often get stuck on the barriers at the track, errr, that is, if I ever run into a barrier, which I virtually never do, LOL.

My MGT really leans over (and sometimes rolls) in the high speed turns with the stock tires. Do the bow-ties make a big difference?

actually I was running with the stock tires the last three weeks and thought they were pretty good,then I decided to try these bowties for the monster truck night.man,was I blown away by the difference!!bowties make a big difference on the way it handles tight low speed corners,and highspeed corners.with the stock tires I had alot of understeer,the truck would have to go slow around the corner and even then it would need to go right up against the ouside barrier just to make it around.with the bowties you can cut right through the inside edge of the corner with very little push.I have red springs on mine and it sits with the arms level at ride height,I can now rip into a corner at the end of the long starightaway at the track and the truck will slide but never roll.I say that if you're serious about racing you gotta get a set of good tires,for me these happen to work great on the hard dirt track I race at.

canadian, did you change your gearing at all? I would think you must have.

Also, are you using offset rims, that is, to make the truck a little wider, or you just using regular T-Maxx style rims? It looks like you're using the standard bowties, not the 40 series?

Thanks

(I was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, btw)

yes the tires I use are standard bowties not 40 series,I got them because the overall cost was less for the tires and rims.the rims are standard size maxx rims,mine are made by hotbodies.I had to change the gearing on mine to make up for the change in tire size,right now I'm using the stock 15 tooth pinion with a 49 tooth spur.I also have a 17 tooth pinion waiting at the hobby shop to be picked up,I'll be trying the 17 tooth with the stock 52 tooth spur for a little more top end.the difference between the 17/52 set up and the 15/49 set up isn't much,I just want to see how each one works at the track.

Nice plaques. congrats on your win.
You will see a big difference with the 17 pinion..
Good luck.

I put on a set of the 40 series Bow-Ties, along with a 17t pinion and a Golden Horizons cooling head. I also replaced the springs, using one copper (extra firm) and one red (firm) on each corner. I have been running it around the street and yard and it is a HUGE difference. It seems to be a little quicker, but could just be the gearing and tire change. I notice the tranny shifting MUCH faster, so that needs to be adjusted a little. This seems like it will be great on the track.

Thanks for tips.

I just got the GH heatsink yesterday also,it looks pretty sweet and is huge compared to the stock one.I'm looking forward to trying it out this weekend to see how much of a temp difference there is.the only problem is that now the GH head sticks up alot further than the stock one so I'm gonna have to make a rollbar to protect it and the engine from any hard roll overs.hey chevy-ss I'm glad you like the difference in the set up with the bowties,I wouldn't recommend running them on asphalt though,it'll chew em up pretty quick.you made a good choice in going with the 40 series,I'm sure you'll notice a major difference at the track with em.I have a points race coming up on sunday and I'm planning on moving into 1st place in overall points,right now I'm in second and I got there running the stock tires,so I think jaws are gonna drop when they see how much quicker my truck is gonna be.

maybe,but it sure was fun.you could always loosen up the slipper a little,but then you probably won't win.besides,I'll probably be upgrading to aluminum clutch shoes soon.

yeah its all about the fun and if it wasn't fun no sense in play huh?i know i would sure hook up anytime if someone wanted to tugowar with me!!!i think i would have to weigh down the front!!!

Back