brakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrogator

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
anyone have a link for some good brakes for an aftershock?

ya i do, you actually dont need new disks,
just the hi perf brake pads, the non metal ones
a throttle mod (ofna is the one i have), or the dynamite pro tune linkages
and to adjust the part of the linkage for the brakes with a spring and make em a little short so they come on strong.

if you have any questions just ask

The 8T fiberglass brakes work very nicely on a A.S.

is there a link for the 8t fiberglass

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA3542
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA3540
You use the larger of the two discs and double up the metal calipers if I remember correctly. I know it was a simple bolt-on mod on my buddy's A.S.
They have worked flawlessly for gallons. I'm sure the LSTforums has a how-to.
Best bet is this guy, I deal with him a lot.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310037424718&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

thanks for the link scrogg

I use a vertigo CF 3mm thick disk and couldn't be happier. I hated how grabby the stock aftershock brakes were. Even my buddies with the LST2's became grabby and would bind within a gallon or so of use.

Although, running the single CF disk only worked really well with a higher torque servo (140oz or higher). I use a hitec 985MG (172oz). Total overkill, but it's water tight, fast and not terribly expensive ($70). I could probably have gotten away with a JR650M, but then it wouldn't be sealed and would be a bit slower. For $20 more, I'm glad I went the route I did.

With my setup I've been really happy. The brakes are no longer an on/off switch like stock and they don't hang/bind for no apparent reason. When I do apply the brake, it's much smoother with deceleration which I think will help in the long term with the diffs and cvd's.

A Jr270 will lock down all 4 tires with that fiberglass pad setup. No joke.
My bud's stock brakes would lock up at random no matter what we did. Losi screwed the pooch on those. His truck would do endos at will.lol

Yeah, that's why I didn't bother trying to upgrade the pads, but rather took a shot at upgrading the disk itself. Glad I did.

I have been saying fiberglass pads all along, I meant fiberglass rotors. You still use the stock metal pads.

i dont know who but just get some smaller brake discs that are vented and a bit fatter in width that the stock and it stops the problem, i just put mine on tonight and noticed a differencre right away... dont know how long thats gunna last but its good for now, but on the other hand mine never really had a brake problem to an extreme extent i fixed it with what i listed earlier in the thread... and in this forum...