Need information on brakes

• Thread starter remote uncontrol
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remote uncontrol

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Boating
Can any of y’all explain how the brakes work on a car with a gas engine. I don’t have any experience with it and I need to figure it out

My one experience was with the Traxxas TMaxx, and it had a disc brake setup (looks a lot like a slipper clutch) with a servo linkage that controls pressure on one plate from the same servo linked to the throttle.

My one experience was with the Traxxas TMaxx, and it had a disc brake setup (looks a lot like a slipper clutch) with a servo linkage that controls pressure on one plate from the same servo linked to the throttle.
Thanks I’ll look into it

Id pass
Flip the fuel lines and the engine will turn the other direction

thumbs down.jpg

The nitro cars I had (Associated rc500, Serpent 4wd road race cars and the T-Maxx) had a single disc set-up off the transmission operated by a third servo.

You can see the two disc's on the rear axle on the right side. Quite effective. This was on a RC500
Screenshot_20240110_093104_eBay.jpg

I only have limited experience with 1/8 scale nitro brakes but as others are saying it's typically 2 disks that are sandwiched in between metal plates that have a material on them that is essentially turns the plates into brake pads. When you brake the servo squeezes the "brake pads" onto the rotating disks, basically just like brakes on your car. The brake discs fit around the output shaft of the transmission or center diff, so when the brake pads squeeze the disks, the drive line slows down. Hope this helps.