body modification

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exmark93

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
is it a good idea to drill holes in the windshield to allow more air into the body so the engine can "breath" a little better

some people drill holes, some people cut it out. whichever works for you but either way helps with cooling. i personally like the look of a nice arranged grid of holes. its not as needed on regular truck bodies, since the head sticks out of the bed. the suv bodies, and the jconcepts, bodies, or anything that the head stays down in the body some, may need some help.

as far as "breathing" as in more air in.. not so much. the cylinder on these is about the size of a thimble. it doesn't take a whole lot of air to keep moving. as long as you have a good, clean filter, your gravy.

I like to use strategically placed 'scoops' on my bodies. I've cut into wheelwells to bend out little scoops and made little roof scoops that look like backword sunroofs. Also I cut out as much of the front bumper/grille area as I can without sacrificing the looks too much. It all adds up to good cooling with the body on and I don't have to cut holes in my windshields.

my truck body has no hole but i have a jeep type body that has a square cut in the windsheild as the head barley sticks out the rear portion of the body.

depending on the body, i LOVE cutting out the windows, targa/T-tops, convertables, cut the grills out of them for all more air flow(if any truely) lol

Ill have to find some pix :)

heres a pic of 1 of my cars that I targa topped and cut out the grill... grill didnt help flow but makes the "intercooler" look cool :D

13298_408774855766_596730766_5562232_6739514_n.jpg