Best transmitter for the money

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kells

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm new to the hobby and I'm looking to buy a transmitter. I'm wondering what yall think my best option would be with out breaking the bank. Tia!!!

Welcome to the site. What's your budget and is this a land, air, or sea machine in need? Don't want you flying with a steering wheel or driving on joysticks.

Lol.. Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm flying planes.
And I'm not wanting to spend alot of money. $200, $300 tops for now. At least until I get more familiar with flying and everything..

I have way too many radios, but have started to get rid of some of them now that I have my Flysky FS-GT5. It's priced far lower than your budget allows at $65, so there are higher end radios out there. For me, I'd use the extra cash to stock up on receivers for the FS-Gt5. Non Gyro RX are FS-a3 are $10 and Gyro version FS-BS6 are $20 each, you'd be able to use one radio for many RC's.

Sorry, wrote this before reading that you are flying planes. Anyway.. FS-GT5 is great for cars. For planes, I am currently using DX-8 but am moving everything over to the Radiolink Boxer, once it arrives.

Last edited:
I use the Spektrum DX8e 8-channel. It's about $330.
My Realflight 9 simulator tx is modeled after this same tx.

So I'm new to the hobby and I'm looking to buy a transmitter. I'm wondering what yall think my best option would be with out breaking the bank. Tia!!!
I'm a huge fan of Futaba's surface radios and can only assume their air radios are just as good.

You can pick up a 8 channel Futaba 6K-V3S for less than $300.

Back