Best place to buy online?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitbullTD

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Looking to get back into RC's, I'm definitely a HPI/Savage guy. Where is the best place to buy online? Best prices, quick delivery etc...

Is there a general one stop this is the best place spot or do you guys order different things through different shops? Just looking to get the most bang for my buck as I dump all this money in getting restarted.

Thanks!

For delivery depends on where you are. I get stuff from A Main in a day or two and shipping is free over $25. Plus those guys and gals are super nice and helpful.

This place is usually the cheapest, but shipping can be a bit slower and the selection does not match that of A Main. They usually ship 3 days after order is placed.

Now go max out that credit card! The economy is counting on you, i can't hold it up all by myself! :D:D:D:D

Ebay has some real good sellers. Amainhobbies is who I usually go through since they always ship fast.

Well as impatient as I am, I bit the bullet and drove 1 1/2 hours to Topeka to get started. Jesus 1200 dollars in and I still dont have servos, new engine, pipe, or anything to make the XL more durable.

UGH. Thought I'd be complete around 1500, looks like its going to be more like 2000. Time to start reviewing build threads and putting my own together.

$$$$$ money in the Rc world, is like oxygen......you have to have it, if your going to survive!!!!!! you gotta pay if you want to play ! as for where to by online ! i have no LHS with in 2 and half hours, so i have no choice, i get all my parts on Ebay. there are quite a few good hobby shops on ebay. just do your research. and as always .....if it sounds to good too be true...than it is !

Another that I have used is http://thetoyz.com They are pretty good for upgrades and have good service from them.
Theyre great if they have what you want in stock but dont special order anything. I did twice both times it took me about 3 weeks to get the list of stuff I special ordered.

Do you live close to the twin cities?

---------- Post added at 9:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:47 PM ----------

I use tower hobbies all the time.

i'm about 2 hours and 20 mins from the cities.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Another that I have used is http://thetoyz.com They are pretty good for upgrades and have good service from them.

i agree, these guy have been good to me!

hopmeup rc is another good one

http://stores.ebay.com/HopMeUp

Hey guy just my 2 cents , I'm from the uk and i get all my bits apart from roll cages and shiney bits from wheelspin.com they are great two to three days 3 to 7 £ on the shippin ..

I can also ask all the stupid questions i like , depending who picks up the phone but nine times out of ten i get the right answer ;) ps i know this is an old thread but for who ever has the same question .. thanks guys

hopmeup on ebay is where i get my stuff, cheapest i can find and once order is placed they get the goods out same day if not first thing the next day... from the avo i pay for my parts ill have my parts in my hands in australia within 5 days including the order date.... and the store is in the states

---------- Post added at 6:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:22 PM ----------

btw i deal with them off facebook and just pay via paypal so there good like that.

I used TowerHobbies.com for a few years but became fed up with their product selection, back orders and slow usps shipping. switched over to amainhobbies.com and was amazed with the product selection, prices, the site's ease of use and enough shipping options to satisfy anyone! When i would order from tower (illinois) it would take at least a week to get parts and a few days to get new kits, with amain (california) i can get parts and kits in a few days. keep in mind i live in michigan

Either ebay or rcplanet.com is very reliable. if you want i can give you some of the sellers names that i use

Last edited:
Back