Best mini cars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1/16 E-Revo is pretty capable in the dirt. It's the only 1/16 they offer with a factory brushless setup.
Just watch out for the limited battery selection and the rear diff issue.

Just watch out for the limited battery selection and the rear diff issue.

If the rear diff was the only issue with the Mini E-Revo it would be a much better car. Stock shocks leak, stock servo is notorious for dying or browning out the receiver, front bulkhead is weak and rends to break right under the steering post, stock a arms are a bit fragile, stock driveshafts are weak and the stock tires are rather mediocre I know there are more I just can't think of them at the moment. The Merv can be a fun car it just takes a bit to get it there.

My favorite mini platform is the Lc Racing EMB platform https://shop.lcracing.net/collections/product-line-up

I let my shocks leak and called it a day. 🤣 the drive shafts, I trim the summit shafts to fit and they handle a 540 brushless for a while. The servo is a savox. I don't play with traxxas servos and certain escs. I will take another electronic brand any day. Never had issues with the others. I did replace the rear diff over 12 times. Then I shelved it for a bit.

I let my shocks leak and called it a day. 🤣 the drive shafts, I trim the summit shafts to fit and they handle a 540 brushless for a while. The servo is a savox. I don't play with traxxas servos and certain escs. I will take another electronic brand any day. Never had issues with the others. I did replace the rear diff over 12 times. Then I shelved it for a bit.

It handles so much better if the shocks aren't leaking though. Summit axles are so much better than revo axles. Why do you have to trim them? Running the Savox in mine as well. Front bulkhead is rather common breakage, I broke them all the time on my Merv VXL, I had to fix the front bulkhead on my friends Brushed Summit and the used Summit I bought also had a broken front bulkhead when I got it.

It handles so much better if the shocks aren't leaking though. Summit axles are so much better than revo axles. Why do you have to trim them? Running the Savox in mine as well. Front bulkhead is rather common breakage, I broke them all the time on my Merv VXL, I had to fix the front bulkhead on my friends Brushed Summit and the used Summit I bought also had a broken front bulkhead when I got it.
I cut them to fit the 16th slash. Now you have a small diameter wheel with hd shafts that will last longer and handle abuse.

I wanted the strc shocks but I think traxxas threatened them years ago. They dropped the whole 1/16 line. I have a few parts. Maybe one day I will have some.

If the rear diff was the only issue with the Mini E-Revo it would be a much better car. Stock shocks leak, stock servo is notorious for dying or browning out the receiver, front bulkhead is weak and rends to break right under the steering post, stock a arms are a bit fragile, stock driveshafts are weak and the stock tires are rather mediocre I know there are more I just can't think of them at the moment. The Merv can be a fun car it just takes a bit to get it there.

My favorite mini platform is the Lc Racing EMB platform https://shop.lcracing.net/collections/product-line-up

I briefly had an LC Racing EMB-1 1/14 4wd buggy.

The car was an absolute rocketship. If I’d had anywhere to bash it, or a local mini class, I would’ve kept it; sadly, the only place I had to run it was the track, and every other car I own was more manageable on the carpet, so I parted ways with it.

Great little car, though - and the price is fantastic, especially for a RTR.

I cut them to fit the 16th slash. Now you have a small diameter wheel with hd shafts that will last longer and handle abuse.

I wanted the strc shocks but I think traxxas threatened them years ago. They dropped the whole 1/16 line. I have a few parts. Maybe one day I will have some.

No pretty much everyone stopped making parts for the Mini E-Revo as the platform has really dropped off in popularity. Proline only makes the 2.2 Trenchers all the optional bodies they used to make for it are gone. The Toyz stopped making their parts too.

Hot Racing makes shock bodies that's what I had on the Merv and what I put on my Summit.
I briefly had an LC Racing EMB-1 1/14 4wd buggy.

The car was an absolute rocketship. If I’d had anywhere to bash it, or a local mini class, I would’ve kept it; sadly, the only place I had to run it was the track, and every other car I own was more manageable on the carpet, so I parted ways with it.

Great little car, though - and the price is fantastic, especially for a RTR.
Yeah the EMB-1 really needs a good track or dirt lot to have fun the EMB-T is a bit more versatile as it can run on short grass.

Last edited:
The 1/16 E-Revo is pretty capable in the dirt. It's the only 1/16 they offer with a factory brushless setup.
Just beware of roots…
This happened on my second run, happened 5 times so I finally upgraded the shock bodies…

Attachments

• 1E5B3661-EA95-4FE0-A788-4F5486D4EDED.jpeg
    1E5B3661-EA95-4FE0-A788-4F5486D4EDED.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 28
The Latrax vehicles (Teton and Prerunner) are incredible fun for the size. We always throw two or three in the car, with our car camping gear. Gives us an extra to toss to a friend. A lot of hobbyists give them grief, but it's only due to how traxxas positions the latrax brand, IMO. They are immensely capable and robust, right out of the box. In addition, you can mod them with the tons of upgrade parts available, if you like.

Here is the Latrax Teton that I am in the process of upgrading.

IMG_Latrax Teton Most Upgraded in the world.jpg

The Latrax vehicles (Teton and Prerunner) are incredible fun for the size. We always throw two or three in the car, with our car camping gear. Gives us an extra to toss to a friend. A lot of hobbyists give them grief, but it's only due to how traxxas positions the latrax brand, IMO. They are immensely capable and robust, right out of the box. In addition, you can mod them with the tons of upgrade parts available, if you like.

Here is the Latrax Teton that I am in the process of upgrading.

View attachment 174041
I agree they look nice but they are Traxxas......:confused:

Back