Battary question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh-wood

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm new to this forum and I've got a question. I know this question is probably asked alot, but I just want to find out.
Why are my batterys dieing after about 5 minutes? How long should they last?

That sounds like the battery is definitely fried, I'm guessing it is a NI-CD battery, most battery's you see they say to run them completely dead before charging, or give them a tinker charge every so often, if this is not practiced then the battery will get fried, see NI-CD actually have whats called "memory cells" and if you charge it when it has say half charge or so over and over again, that half that sits there will go bad and will not charge, will become stagnant, and in most cases even if you try to run the battery dead as you see it still will not charge, NI-MH is the better battery to use where these do not have the same type of cells, and are less likely to have this happen, but of course it is possible for it to happen to the NI-MH battery's as well, i have had this issue, i would say it is time for a new one, you could test it with a meter as well, hope it is a help, google the battery's and you can find more about them that is my source. :)

Actually as funny as it is about 8-9 years ago when i got my first traxxas car ever, witch was an old bandit mechanical speed control i had got second hand, and the batteries givin to me with the bandit did exactly that, and i remember wondering, is this really how fast it gos are you kidding? haha i did not learn about the batteries until years later but yeah I'm sure thats your problem! :)

Okay thanks dude :D

I'm new to this forum and I've got a question. I know this question is probably asked alot, but I just want to find out.
Why are my batterys dieing after about 5 minutes? How long should they last?

I dont think enough information was given in order to correctly answer your question.

What type of cells are you using? How many cells are in your pack? What is the capacity of the pack in mah? What motor, gearing and rig do you have?

Give us more details and we can give you a better answer based upon facts and not just a pure guess.

I dont think enough information was given in order to correctly answer your question.

What type of cells are you using? How many cells are in your pack? What is the capacity of the pack in mah? What motor, gearing and rig do you have?

Give us more details and we can give you a better answer based upon facts and not just a pure guess.

sounds good nedly

I was just reading his question and thinking the exact same thing Dom...Hell back in the day when I first started 5 minutes was a long time, LOL!!!