Baja 5T break-in process

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novak

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
do i need to break it in ?
what is the process ? how many tanks ? before you can hit full throttle
thanks for your help

I have said it before and will say it again, I'm a nobody so don't listen to me.
I am pretty sue that the weedwacker/chainsaw moter don't need to be broken in. BUT you sould go through one or two tanks before unleashing hell!! Wait a min, Does one tank last like 45 mins or what??? If so one tank will do!! But don't listen to me!!;)

Just put in gas, tune and go.

I would suggest running 1 tank low to mid throttle. No pro longed WOT for the first tank. The manual suggests that also. If nothing else it gives you time to get use to the handling of the truck.

But as always. It's your toy do as you wish. :D

Enjoy!

There is a very small amount of break in,in any motor or engine. No break in at all...yeah right.

With nitro the break in is longer and a must to get the max out of the engine and not damage it(above all). With the classic two stroke gasoline engine the break in is less of an issue,one tank at low to mid RPM ...rolling around.Stop and go...and go longer...and so forth.

After the first tank I tune,and let it rip.

You better let the parts work for a few minutes before putting the pedal to the metal.

Your RC, you decision. Me I always break in any engine/motor before using to full potential. And I have yet to face a problem.

you just fill up and run it !

I raced my brand new 5T this past Sunday

The day before I ran briefly around my backyard to make sure my steering trim and brake was set properly and to make sure it would start.

On race day I gassed it up, set it on the track and took a couple of easy laps to get a feel for the layout. I then let it rip. Didn't have to touch the factory needle settings.

Had a great day of racing with no issues at all.

When I broke in my SS I just putsered around with it for a tank. Once that tank hit about 1/4 tank though I started to make a couple full speed runs. Now that engine will keep up with my buddies modded O-Brothers 26.

mix 25:1 start, throw a good tune on it, and run it like you stole it, just dont hold it wide open for more than 10 to 15 Seconds for the first 1/2 tank or so.

you need to create a fair amount of case pressure to push the ring into the cylinder wall to help Seat it. to create enough case pressure, you have to get around 3/4s throatle and up. running at slow low rpms will help create blowby around the ring, which means lost compression, which means poor performance.