Axial .28rr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevoRacer.27

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
just ordered the axial 28rr...I'm gonna try it in place of my Sirio .27 to see if i can get the top end i want...does anyone have experience with this mill.. if so please share. thank you

I know BrushlessBoy has had a couple and he says they are pretty good. Drop him a line.

i would have sold you one with a gallon on it for $75

I run one in my savage and its ok. Takes a full gallon to break in and even then it a little lacking on low end torque. If you keep the rpm's up it does ok. Be sure to flush it with nitro before you start it to get all the leftover metallic powder out. Supposedly they run better after you seal them up.

ok... i figured as much that it would need to be sealed, but what i really wanna know is is it a high rpm engine??? i have all torque with my sirio and am looking for some speeds comparable to the 3.3 or better? do you think with the right gear setup and tuned properly it will be able to run with a 3.3? if this doesn't give me the speed I'm looking for I'm goin to rebuild my blown 3.3 and throw her back in...

it will certainly give you more than a 3.3 can offer when geared and tuned.

Back