Associated SC10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiLST

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I don't know about you guys but I think that Associated is wanting a bit much for the new SC10... Like they want the same for a kit as Traxxas does for a full waterproof RTR rig. Plus that, I really don't see much of an advantage in their design over Traxxas'. Like the battery hold down looks restricting and not near as big as the Slash, all the electronics are very open, and it looks kinda flimsy.

I don't know though, what do you guys think?

AE SC10

Traxxas Slash

Yeah, especially when you have to buy the ESC, transmitter/receiver, pinion and motor. I won't deny though that I am a bit curious as to what it would be like to have one.

the lhs where I race on Tuesday nights just bought 10 of them with hopes of starting a class. So far they have sold them all and he said that they aren't going to race the same class as the slash so we will see. I will wait to see one on track before I pass judgement...

So far they have sold them all and he said that they aren't going to race the same class as the slash so we will see.

Just wondering, did the buyers purchase their own additional equipment(ie servos, esc/motor and transmitter/receiver) or did the LHS make a package deal with the SC10?

they were just selling the kits...

Okay, maybe I'm missing something here. On AE site it shows that there aren't any electronics. It shows in the "Items Needed" section. So you are saying they were selling them with electronics or just the roller?
If it is the roller, I wonder what they are allowing and not allowing for racing?

Well it looks like they are going to allow two classes. spec class with stock equivelant 27 turn brushed motor and any esc you want. The other class is anything goes for motor and esc.

The SC10 is essentially a T4 with a Corr body, and they handle very well compared to the Slash, although the Slash is soooo much more fun.
The RTR version comes with the 17turn Reedy and actually goes quite well.
There is a piece of paper in the instructions that says it is 3s lipo capable, but DON'T believe it.
There is also a little plastic baggy that contains a couple of shims and a piece of paper that says "if you run your vehicle and hear a loud 'popping' sound, stop your vehicle immediately and fit included shims to your differential"
Thanks Associated.... Why not just fit them in factory?
I race ONLY Associated gear, (SC10, T4, B44, RC8, RC8T and RC8Te) and I love them ALL.
The SC10 is the Corr truck to have and for RACING, (slash for bashing hands down) and having the RTR and comparing it on track with kits, the RTR is great value unless you already have electrics..

Last edited:
there are two guys that have them at our local track and i have driven one of them they seem WAY TO LIGHT , when you jump they ack as a parachute where as the slash has a lil more weight to it and it may just be on our track but the slash just feels more stable and flies ALOT better

I love the Slash and I plan to keep it in my collection(yeah all 3 of them). On the other hand, like most in the hobby, ya can't just seem to settle with just one. I have pondered about getting an SC10 for S&Gs but there is nothing definite.

After taking a longer look, there are a couple of things I really like. I like the fact that the steering servo is protected more vs. the Slash. The aluminum shocks are definately a nice touch. And are those mudflaps? LOL

RTR run time

I'm new to electrics so I wanted to know what the run time of the rtr sc10 with battery that it comes with vs. upgrading the batt. and the motor?

Can't say, I think there is only one on the site right now, I think, that owns one. I'm sure it would be based on motor, esc and what kind of batteries used. Check on the performances of the electronic set up for the SC10. i.e How it performs on other rigs.

Back