ARO = Marvel Mystery Oil?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxyacetylene

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just bought a bottle of After Run Oil for my Savage. My dad was looking at it and remarked how it seemed to be a lot like Marvel Mystery Oil. It has roughly the same color, smell, texture. I am wondering if maybe the ARO is Marvel Mystery Oil, or a spin-off? Anyone tried using it for that purpose?

My nephew uses it as ARO and swears its the excact same thing,has never had a problem with it and has been using it for about a year

Originally posted by nitromaniac
swears its the excact same thing,

It can be used as ARO. Is it the exact same thing? I do believe there are some differences, what they are I don't know.

IMO,
Considering the investment we have in our RCs I prefer to use a product designed specifically for the job. A bottle of ARO lasts for years and the cost is minimal. I like the fuzzy feeling of knowing I'm using the best available product for the job. I take the same position on Air Filter Oil.

I'm kind of funny that way but thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
:stickup:

-Ed

I use Marvel Mystery Oil and it works great.

What is AFTER RUN OIL? Whats its usage. were gan i get it are Marvel Mystery Oil

Originally posted by Freedom
I use Marvel Mystery Oil and it works great.

This may be true but is it the best product for the job?

When I was young and broke I used newspaper to wipe my #### "It works great" but other products work better. For the small cost to get the proper product, why not?

actually I think that Marvel oil would be better, if its perfect for huge engines it should work even better for the small ones. HPI also recommends the use of Marvil Mystery oil

Duratrax recommends Marvel as well, and there is one other company, I don't remember.

i looked it up on the web and as for as i can tell they are the same so go with the cheeper buy. I've always used baby oil for my engines never had problem yet. but not set up for to long of time on the shelf.

Last edited:
i wont use anything but marvels on mine. i have never have a motor rust up after storage, and they always fire right up.

Baby oil?? Is that even flammable?
A real bottle of after run oil costs $2.99. I've had mine for 4 years now and still have 3/8 of a bottle left. C'mon people, $2.99!!!!

Baby oil can't be flammable.... you know how many kids would be up in flames!?!? Geez, and people think hairspray and cigarettes is bad.

Like I said in my first post it will work.

Just think I can spend 3.99 and get the proper stuff that will last for several years or spend 12.99 and get 10 times the amount of something that may, or may not be the best available product.

The important issue is that you use protection while you store your RC for any amount of time. :yes:

Both are same or nearly the same if some don't agree to it. I would just go ahead and buy a qt of MMO since I also use it to lube my air tools and a few other things... They are also great if you own quite a few nitro cars or engines....

Originally posted by FastEddy

This may be true but is it the best product for the job?

When I was young and broke I used newspaper to wipe my #### "It works great" but other products work better. For the small cost to get the proper product, why not?

That is classic!!!!!!!! loving that post.

Originally posted by Freedom
Duratrax recommends Marvel as well, and there is one other company, I don't remember.

Like I am going to listen to Duratrax about my Sirio's when Duratrax doesn't make engines.

Listening to some of these guys shoot I got some left of Crisco vegetable oil will that work? Hey man it's organic dude. It won't hurt mother earth and stuff. (to clarify that I am in no way saying that Marvel is wrong, but Baby oil sure is)

Last edited:
No it's not flammable you have to run alcohol throw the engine to clean it then add fuel and it will fire right up. All the baby oil does is keeps the engine clean during storage

Can I use some Asstroglide?
I use it on my air tools and always have a gallon or two around the shop. It may cut down on the friction ass well.

:egad: :sorry: Couldn't help my self.

KY is the way to go, I use it on my tool as well.....

Really any light clear oil that will prevent corrosion will work some you may just have to clean the engine before you can run it again like 3M oil, Baby Oil, Air tool oil, Mineral Spirits, etc. a light oil.

a737, please do yourself a favor, save yourself some trouble, and just use some quality after run oil!! NO MORE BABY OIL!!!

Back