Anyone use Wiha Tools?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been looking for some nice T-Handle hex drivers for some time now and I've never really been able to find a nice set of t-handles that offer a long handle on the smaller sizes such as 1.5mm 2.0mm and so on. Seems like the smaller the size the smaller the wrench making a T-handle pointless.

However I cam across Wiha Tools and they seem to have a nice set of tools even the standard T-handles offer a nice long hex. Anyways anyone here ever try them out?

-Michael

Woodie IMO.T handles are over rated.
You can snap a head off with a normal driver..
You add the extra balence of a t handle.And your going to snap them even faster.

I don't really like T-handles. I love my dynamite knurled hanlde set. GREAT quality, low price, and replaceable tips.

Zandor,

I totally agree with you about a T-Handle being able to snap the head off and as you said a regular hex driver can already snap the head off, however it comes down to the user - if the user can't handle a tool and realize how much pressure they are using then they shouldn't be using any type of tool. I personally find a T-handle much easier for me to use, trying to use a small handle driver tends to hurt my hands after a while.

-Michael

Check out the hudy pro's I think thats what there called..
TJ has a set.Bigger handle and will not roll off the bench.

Give them t handles a try.Let us know how they are.

trying to use a small handle driver tends to hurt my hands after a while.

Spank the monkey more...That will solve that problem:)

Last edited:
I use the Hudy PROFiTools. They have an ABS oblong type handle that is more comfortable, and easier to handle. I can see the T handle wrenches making it a bit easier. I myself, would like to get a set of the 1/4" drive OFNA's that you can use in an electric screwdriver on those lazy days.... lol

i bought a set from harbor freight bout a year ago for about 15$ that i used to use for rc plane engines & now theyre in my racing pitbox......they are t-handle ball end type of hexes.......

I know you wanted t-handles, but since everyone else recommended something you didn't ask for, I will too. OFNA has a set of hex wrenches that are guaranteed for life 10813 (metric), 10814 (std).

EDIT: Those part numbers are the only ones that carry the lifetime guarantee. All the cooler looking OFNA sets don't have it.
http://www.ofna.com/tool-sets.html

Wiha makes a good tool for a good price.
I have a few of their tiems.

I've used wiha tools at work and their stuff is pretty nice. I really like using the molded grip T handles with the side tip.

http://www.wihatools.com/334soft_mm.htm

But for RC applications I still prefer conventional grip drivers.

ImBroken said:
I myself, would like to get a set of the 1/4" drive OFNA's that you can use in an electric screwdriver on those lazy days.... lol

oooooohh... I've been wondering if anybody makes somethin like that. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks brudda!

Whia makes great tools. Made in Germany. I love the T Handles. Haven't had any problems at all....

http://www.75th-meu.com/WiHa.htm

wiha800.jpg

Hex Drivers

I got a set of these and they work great. Had them for over a year now.

26390pix175.jpg

I find myself using the shorter chromed T-handle more than any of the others. They give me just the right amount of leverage I need. When you get old and arthritis sets into those fingers from working outside with your hands in the winter for over 20 years you need all the help you can get! LOL.........