anyone ever use tire spikes?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just screw some small screws in from the inside. Last much longer than them plastic things..... or small rivets.

I've got a package of those at home. I haven't had a chance to use them.

Though I wasn't intending to use them as tire spikes, I was going to put them all over my mini and TC body during racing for that "Mad Max" look.

oh I'm sure both of my thumbs will be sore for days haha.

Alpine i thought of doing that but kind of concerned about the screw head and wrecking a set of rims.

sweetdiesel - do they look like like they might be worthwhile ?

Alpine i thought of doing that but kind of concerned about the screw head and wrecking a set of rims.

I believe what Alpine meant was pull tire from rim then run some screws thru the tires and remount. Not try and put screws thru the rims and the tires.

I believe what Alpine meant was pull tire from rim then run some screws thru the tires and remount. Not try and put screws thru the rims and the tires.

Exactly...... You get some new tires, put your screws/rivits in em, put in ur foams, then rims...... The metal/sharper points will bite more, and also last much much longer. I've seen em done on dirtbikes on ice lakes. They use a set of street tires, and put the screws through them, then seal the screwhead with like tire slime or somthing.

oh I'm sure both of my thumbs will be sore for days haha.

sweetdiesel - do they look like like they might be worthwhile ?

They look like they would work. I imagine you would still have to glue them after they were mounted. IMHO they would have a cleaner look than using screws.

If you want to try some out, pm your addy and I'll send a few over.

thanks grudge, i am aware thats what he meant, but screws will eventually wear through and start wearing at the rim.

alpine - thanks, good advice, but screws are too aggressive for what I'm looking, just looking for a little more bite in some harded packed dirt with out destroying the surface.

I thought about putting screws in some old tires and at about 5 I was sick of screwing them in.