Anyone else had this problem with IE7?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharliesTheMan

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know, the first thing that you guys will be tempted to tell me is to use Firefox. I do use Forefox a good bit, but I also use IE7 for certain things and getting rid of it is not an option.

I'm having a problem with IE7 and I wanted to see if any of you have had issues with the same problem. I've tried different hotfixes and a few registry changes, all to no avail.

The problem is only happening sometimes, but often enough that it's getting to be a bother. The only time it happens is when I am opening a website, and then another site has to open up in a different tab or window.

This is often the case when I open RCNT, and I have PM's, and choose to allow them to open in a separate window. When the new window opens the page begins to load and IE crashes. It's like it freezes, and when I close the page, I get the error message in Vista that it's not responding and I have to choose to wait for a resonse or end the program without waiting, and then Windows wants to search for a fix. I finally let Windows run its course and it didn't find a fix, which isn't unusual, I don't think it has ever found a fix for me when I needed it. Since this is happening most often when I'm using the RC forums, I thought that maybe some of you guys had already dealt with the problem. Also, it happens a lot when I open a webpage, and then click on a link which opens another window. Same thing, the page begins to load and then IE freezes and it unresponsive, and when I chooes to end the program, it shuts down the program and I lose all my pages. It's happening most often when I have more than one page opened in different tabs or windows.

Is anyone else having this problem or maybe had it in the past? I'm tempted to try the ne IE8 beta, but I know it will have even more bugs than the 1 I'm dealing with, but this has gotten to be so annoying it might be nice to "change" bugs lol.

Sorry, no help here, but I like to refer to IE as 'Internet Exploder'. I think it's VERY fitting. :D