Another battery question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who sits and watches thier battery charge for an hour lol.

I'll sit in the room going over my car well my batteries charge. But I have 1000 watt power supply, a 400watt charger and I parallel charge (charge more then one battery at a time) so I do 4 5000mah 2s in bout 30 minutes.
Storage charge is whats been described, if the batteries wont be used for a couple of days they should be charged to 3.8volts per cell.
Your c rating is important on a high powered set up. I'll use my power system in my Savage Flux for an example. The Blur ESC needs at least a 150 amps to be powered efficiently, so you take your amp rating (mah) and your discharge rating (c) and you multiple them except you need to take out the milli part on your amp rating. I use 50c 5000mah batteries, so 50(c)x5(amps)=250 amps so my batteries are more then capable of powering my ESC motor setup.
Does that make sense I've been told I'm not good at explaining things before.

Last edited:
You explained it better than I could. I didn't even bother to try. Lol!

Lol! I didnt mean to say you should sit there and stare at the battery til it's charged... I'm sure you could come up with SOMETHING to do!!! :deadhorse

That was pretty good. My head hurts now but yes I think I get it lol.

Yes in theory it is, but your ESC should never pull more then its max amp draw. So well bigger is better, bigger is also more expensive. No need in getting lipos that are way over powered. On a brushed system 25c should be more then enough.

Agreed entirely. I mentioned the same thing in one of these posts. The key will be when he gets the motor, esc, whatever electronics and then does the math. No sense buying another battery if a brushless upgrade is gonna happen soon.

Planning on probably going with the sidewinder.

With the Sidewinder get as high a C-rating on 2s as you can. I wouldn't use 3s on it as I've smoked one while trying to set the deadband on a 3s LiPo.

Ah I was planning on running a 3s sad day.

Get the Mamba Max Pro then. It will handle up to 6s and isn't much larger in footprint (just taller because of the fan). Mine runs 3s and 4s with no problems.

I'm reading a lot of stuff that says to run 2s while racing. It's more predictable apparently?