AE SC8 - fear it's going to be nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a bad feeling the SC8 is going to be a nitro rc and I was really hoping for something similar like the Traxxas Slash, an electric RC.

Even still I can't wait to see the details and features of the new SC8!

-Michael

I agree that it's going to be a nitro.

Probably based off their buggy chassis since it's clearly an 8th scale.

i think it is going to be something like the Slash. I wanna see them compete :D

Here's a pic:
corr-sc8.jpg

Slash is 10th scale and the SC8 will be 8th scale so they would not be in the same class.

For those that have a Slash, at 1/10 scale, can you imagine how BIG a short course truck would be in 1/8th. I'm wondering if it'll be the same size as the Slash, but has been labelled an 8th. A bit like the Savage XL is really 1/7th and the NEW T Maxx is really 1/8th.
The lines ARE starting to blur gentlemen.
Of course if it is a Nitro short course truck they are just trying to cash in, or short circuit what what we are expecting from the Traxxas SLAYER....

Just the fact that they call it the SC8 instead of the SC10 is clear indication it will be 8th scale. The 17mm wheel nuts is also a tell all.

If it’s based off of their RC8 platform, the Novak brushless conversion should work for it.

Well here you are - it's nitro powered...

SC8-web-banner-800x646_8.15.08.jpg

If it’s based off of their RC8 platform, the Novak brushless conversion should work for it.

Taking a very close look at the front end and the chassis (notice the same curve in the back) it does look like it's based of the RC8.

-Michael

that is one badass looking truck.

retail?

rekon those bodies could fit any 1/8 buggy?

Last edited:
Being based off of the RC8 chassis I'm sure the SC8 can be easily converted to brushless, for me that's a bit more work and money I'm wanting to put into a little basher. I'm looking to purchase the Traxxas Slash now. Not 4WD like I'd like but it's cheap, fun, and durable.

-Michael

Does look cool but will be somewhat expensive from what Iv'e heard.Time will tell if this truck or class of trucks take off.Interesting for sure.

Back