AC680 charger questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Borkhart

RCTalk Racer
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK so here I go, dont beat me up to much I'm new to this :(
anyway I bought this charger brand new just recieved it today. I have 2 NiMh batteries ones is a 2500mAh and one is a 1600. both are 6v packs. 11.1v lipo in the mail also. could someone who has experiance with chargers fill me in on how exatly to use this to its fullest extent so i do not fry my packs. what settings to charge and and such. take into account i know absolutely nothing on the subject matter even after looking around/. ( btw the user manual leaves much to be desired). sorry fort asking so much.

Edit: also on discharging and cycling? so lost.

set it too nimh charge, change the charge rate to 1.2A for the 1600 pack and 2A for the 2500 pack. press and hold start for a few seconds. for a better manual, i posted one a few posts down that's not a straight translation from chinese to english. You might need to check the capacity cut off before the charge making sure it's not set lower than the pack, Or change the auto to manual, but we'll get to that if you get stuck

Last edited:
The main things to know are that its best to always balance charge your lipos when charging them and storage charge them when you are not using them. Charge them at 1C for best results. For your NiMH packs make sure the charger is in NiMH mode. Set you charge level to about a 1/2C charge and set your temp cutoff for about 95-100F and make sure you always use the temp sensor when charging NiXX packs. If your NiXX packs stop charging because teh temp cuttoff kicks in lower the amperage that you are charging at and try again after letting the battery cool for a bit. If the temp cutoff kicks in your pack is not getting a full charge and to much heat will kill your cells over time. For NiCDs its pretty much the same guidance only set it to NiCD mode obviously first. Make sure you cycle charge your NiCD packs. You dont have to cycle your NiMH packs but it is advisable when you have time to do so as it will extend the life of your cells. The rest of the settings are mostly built into the charger. Its pretty easy once you kinda get the swing of how the menus work. If you have any questions and specific settings feel free to ask and we can explain in more detail.

If you're not familiar with C ratings you can find that information in the Lipo section of my video series on Electrics for beginners found in the forum link below.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100513

Last edited:
bookmarked vids. time for a snack and to watch