Nimh battery pack charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrcguy

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
I have a 6v nimh 5 cell battery pack an have been charging it with an old nicd charger from tower hobbies. Can I charge a nimh on a nicd charger?
I also left the battery pack plugged in to the truck for a very long time around few months. did this damage the battery pack?

thanks

You shouldn't charge NiMHs with a NiCd charger. Don't you have a multi-chemistry aka a modern RC charger?
Also, it's probably dead after a few months. Maybe upgrade to something more modern like a LiFePo or whatever's in fashion for receiver packs nowadays? :)

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrddvpS

I'm running something like this but 3000mah. Imo 3000 is too much, I do also own a battery like the one from this link and it's enough for about 5 tanks on a savage 4.6

the charge of a nicd has a lower delta peak than the nimh.you can do it but I think youll find you just dont get the extra oomf outa that battery

I have a 6v nimh 5 cell battery pack an have been charging it with an old nicd charger from tower hobbies. Can I charge a nimh on a nicd charger?
I also left the battery pack plugged in to the truck for a very long time around few months. did this damage the battery pack?

thanks

If power switch for the truck was off, and the battery wasn't run completely down, it should be ok.

If you *only* need to charge your nimh pack, I think an "imax B6" would be more than enough for your needs, covers 95% of batteries out there, is very affordable.