A little positive reinforcement...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good afternoon to all-
So, you must know that most of my flying time is spent just a short walk down my road where a 20 acre or so field stands vacant. I have permission from the owners to fly rc planes and drones over the field, and I have a flat, firm paved road that serves as a good landing strip. I do have to step off the road when folks need to get past- some very nice homes lie out this road- but it's not too busy. I find this to be a perfect rc plane flying field.
Anyway, this afternoon I was flying my little red and white Eflite Waco biplane, and a car came up and stopped behind me. So I landed the plane- I can't talk and fly at the same time- and a nice lady and her two kids were in the car. She explained that they lived on the side of my flying field and that her kids loved to sit and watch my airplanes fly. She told me they loved to see the little airplanes come and go. The little girl- she was maybe five or so- smiled and said, "I like your airplane!" The little boy just grinned at me- he was missing some front teeth, it seemed.
The lady told me they appreciated my airplanes and me, and they might get the kids some sort of plane for Christmas someday.
Then the kids waved and they went home.
It's nice when a simple thing like flying an rc plane can give pleasure to the person directly flying and also to folks who are just looking on.

Not too many things like that, it seems.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good afternoon to all-
So, you must know that most of my flying time is spent just a short walk down my road where a 20 acre or so field stands vacant. I have permission from the owners to fly rc planes and drones over the field, and I have a flat, firm paved road that serves as a good landing strip. I do have to step off the road when folks need to get past- some very nice homes lie out this road- but it's not too busy. I find this to be a perfect rc plane flying field.
Anyway, this afternoon I was flying my little red and white Eflite Waco biplane, and a car came up and stopped behind me. So I landed the plane- I can't talk and fly at the same time- and a nice lady and her two kids were in the car. She explained that they lived on the side of my flying field and that her kids loved to sit and watch my airplanes fly. She told me they loved to see the little airplanes come and go. The little girl- she was maybe five or so- smiled and said, "I like your airplane!" The little boy just grinned at me- he was missing some front teeth, it seemed.
The lady told me they appreciated my airplanes and me, and they might get the kids some sort of plane for Christmas someday.
Then the kids waved and they went home.
It's nice when a simple thing like flying an rc plane can give pleasure to the person directly flying and also to folks who are just looking on.

Not too many things like that, it seems.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed
Awesome story Ed. I wonder if the boy would want to have a go at flying one 🤔

Last edited:
We used to get lots of people out walking, or driving by and stopping who would comment on our flying. Never had any negative comments. It's amazing how many law enforcemt officers would stop and chat about rc's. Glad you had a good experience Ed. :thumbs-up:

Back