a good competitive RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMAXX84

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm kind of new to the Nitro stuff but i am interested in getting a new or used Truggy or a buggy for Racing in the near future. soemthing i can be competitive with. I know there are alot of brands and opinions but a T-maxx 3.3 isnt a good racing vehicle i dont think. more of a bashing vehicle. I'm not really partial to a brand. all i have owned is traxxas vehicles and considering a change. so guys give me your opions on this. I would appreciate everyones input

If you want to stick with traxxas get a revo. a killer truck thats really great for racing.

I have heard its a good racing vehicle. but i am curious how competitive it is right out of the box? i mean i am sure the guys who race these competitively have done alot of hop ups and things like that.

Last edited:
well i actually have my eye on a revo platinum if i was to get a revo id buy that. but I'm also wondering how available parts will be for this or are alot of these parts from different traxxas models? i know they used some parts from different models but not all?

i know a lot of people are into revo's i think that they would be great for racing, i have seen a lot of people racing them, i would say go with that...especially the platinum, its supposed to be ready for racing right out of the box...

i love traxxas stuff but the first time i seen a losie 8 truggie run dam perfect in every way my step pop own 3 kite i got a revo too ok but not the best

Platinum Revo is ready to go racing.The monster truck class is a little more laid back to get your feet wet.The Traxxas sponsored kid at our track races his Revo against the truggys just so he has some good competion an he beats most of em if not all most of the time.The truggy and buggy classes are very competetive and very intense.These guys mean business.The Losi 8 and the Jammin are prob the 2 favorite at my local track.The Losi LST2 monster trucks run well also.The monster truck class is dominated by Revo and Losi.There are an occasional Associate MGT or a Savage but the Losi is the only one that has a chance against the Revo.The better driver will win.

Back