a build thread of build threads!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just letting you know, that if you need to rebuild the big bore traxxas shocks, they are a pain to do, due to the e and c clips. I experienced that this morning. I knew I should had stick with stock, or went with GTRs, but I got them like 2 years ago.
4s Surprising that its still alive. Lol.
ikr lol
which ones do i have? i traded some yeah racing ones for them with @brighton.
Just letting you know, that if you need to rebuild the big bore traxxas shocks, they are a pain to do, due to the e and c clips. I experienced that this morning. I knew I should had stick with stock, or went with GTRs, but I got them like 2 years ago.
ill go get a video of it running in a min
heres the video:

Last edited:
which ones do i have
Looks like big bores rear and stock ultra shocks front. Currently since I'm still trying to rebuild a pair of rears, i am switching (sharing) the rear shocks between the slash and rusty.

Looks like big bores rear and stock ultra shocks front. Currently since I'm still trying to rebuild a pair of rears, i am switching (sharing) the rear shocks between the slash and rusty.
i just checked they are both the same. i think they are either gtrs or big bores
they are big bore

Sheesh me too, I was unaware they had those clips. For the life of me I can’t find a smaller set of internal ring pliers.

The clip goes right in when there’s no shaft in there, but when you shove the shaft through, it chews up the seals, no matter how much you grease it up. Don’t do it that way. I even tried freezing the little bastards but they are so small they return to room temp before you can fumble them on the shock. When I find the right tool, I’ll let you know.
I was thinking pointy tip tweezers, or some ring pliers with something smaller than the .038” tips mine came with!

sneak peek of whats on the way:
IMG_0620.JPG

its not a 'sneak peek' if i tell you!
Aw mannnn
I have about probably 400$ into my slash rn with all of the parts, batteries, motors and escs, and in my case, the aluminum custom made chassis lol.
I’ll include a parts list on my build thread here in a lil bit. I’ll also price everything up to see the true cost.

Nice taco.

Back