9 year olds rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxtrac

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bought my 9 yeat old a rustler today. We worked on it for 5 hours straight to get it togather. man that thing is a sled. It ways a ton. I sure it will be a good beginner truck for him though. The stock motor that come with it had a suprissing amount of power.Its kind of funny It will just burn the tires off befor it can get all that weight to move. I drove it for a little while It's fun to drive even though it handles like crap. we put a esc in it and we are going to buy a couple of good 3000 mah batteries and a good low turn motor to see just how fast we can get this sled to move. hopefully this will be his start in the sport and i can keep out of trouble with it when he gets older.:OMG:

A few upgrades you will want to get from the get go.. An aluminum idler gear.. IT will be striped in no time if he is doing any jumping. Get a Rpm Front Bumper its worth its weight in gold, and get some pins for the caster blocks.. Those things should keep him running pretty good to begin with.. Here is a link to one of my pages about the E-Pedes hop-ups these are identical vehicles other than the chassis wheels and gearing.. So anyhopup listed on this page will fit a sleed I mean rusty.. http://www.dirtyrc.com/dirty_hop_ups/stampede_hop_ups/dirtyrc_stampede_hopups.htm ....X

Back