4X4 Electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are there any other electric 4X4 trucks out there aside from the E-Maxx? Anything bigger? More hp? Better acceleration? I am looking for something I can take on deployments with me that I don't need a hazmat label for the container that I ship it in. Besides this will be another thing for me to break.

The emaxx is going to be the best performer as far as hauling ass. If you want bigger or rock crawling stuff the only other choice is the TXT1 but its a cantilever chassis so It wont be a real fast. I honestly think a E-maxx is your best choice for speed and performance. It will smoke a TXT1 because it has a 550 motors instead of 540. Thats my take other than that you are looking at even smaller vehicles ...X

txt1 link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAWE0&P=7

I personally like the air I get with my maxx and my savage. While on deployments I will not be able to play as much as I like, how's the e-maxx at flight?

As far as an e-maxx, can I upgrade the motors, slap 7 or 8 cell batteries in it, etc...?

Yes to all it flys about like a T you can run 7 cell packs and get 30+ mph with stock motors you can also upgrade motors. Not to mention you can strip your t down and install skids shocks and all those items on a E-maxx. X

You can get the pigtails at your lhs about a buck a piece the top batterys that you linked to are special made 7 cell packs for E-maxx trucks. You can also just run standard 6 cell packs. The ones listed about are special 7 cells ballistic makes 7 cell packs for E-maxx even though I don't recommend him... There are others if you look around...X

probably...there doesn't seem to be too many electric guys here. I don't know very much about them at all. I have never owned a real electric R/C....I went straight for the gas.

well i see you want something bigger and more powerful than the e-maxx, so this doesn't qualify, BUT another 4x4 electric is the Losi XXX4 buggy. its a buggy, so i really doubt its what you want, just thought i'd point it out :bling:

man if you have never seen a 4x4 buggy before u are missing alot. wanna talk about hauling ass???? its like a touring car only offroad

I've been running electric forever and there are alot of pretty good Electric Stadium trucks out there, RC10T, HPI RS4MT. Some really nice buggys too. Especially if all your looking to do is to bash around a bit.

But as far as a BIG truck to go fast, fly, take a beating and keep on haulin......I dont think you can beat the E-Maxx right now.

It runs dual 7.2V 6Cells to DUAL 14V 27t 3w motors that will get the thing to wheelie on carpet right out the box. Get some highoutput matched 6Cell packs and upgrade the motors a bit and it will wheelie anywhere. I dont know if it has room to fit a 7call packs.

IMHO its all the fun of a T-Maxx and so much more cause you can run it anywhere.....

Just remember there is one huge draw back when running electrics..... batteries. They only hold a charge for so long and you either have to swap out packs or recharge the ones you got. If I know I'm gonna be out bashin for a few hours I usually bring 4-5 spares with me and a quick charger that I can hook up to a spare 12V car battery i bring with me. if you not going to bring extra cells you'll have to recharge. Takes about 15-20 min to recharge a 3000Mah pack and you have to wait till they cool off before you can run them without having to worry about ruining them. Heat is the number killer of battery packs.

Back