$400 for a Buggy but which one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
um the L2 is definitely much better than the L1 however if your budget is tight you can always get the L1 and just upgrade the engine later tahts what i did i have the L1 with a savage.25 engine in it and well i think you read the last post. If you have any Questions about the L1 i can help u out hey i might even sell it to ya cuz I'm wanting a savage4.6 so just LMK. Waht do u mean by pop?

Did anyone ask if you were just bashing this or racing it? That will have a LOT to do with what buggy to get. The L2 is a nice buggy. You can find a Ofna PBS for a decent price, and you can get a GS Storm II on ebay for around $350.

I got REALLY sucked in when I bought my XTM X-terminator PRO. It had all these jazzy hoppups and I wanted it so bad. $321 for buggy (LHS) radio $125 servos, $250 engine, starter box, tires, etc. Before I knew it, I had over $1000 into this beast and I thought i needed $750! Everything was just so shinney and blue, I just had to have it... lol. SO, I suggest that you, dont get the lightning 1.... and Just get maybe a rc10gt???? they are sweet, maybe the new HPI 18ss MT that just came out! that thing looks so beast... just my :2cents:

Revo Rancher said:
Ah, yes, I did type a little too quick. The model I was referring to was the Ultra 9.5 "MBX". Anyhow, OFNA buggy basher , you quoted my statement out of context. Be more careful as you removed the basis of my meaning by changing the context severely. (never mind the poor English skills to go with it)

Jon2:

Not sure where you are going with your statement. Maybe you want to read too much into things...
Revo rancher I quoted you to help you out! Thats gratitude for ya! I read it just how you typed it!
Revo Rancher said:
The OFNA 9.5 PBS is a nice starter buggy with decent factory upgrades offered for when you get more serious.

jon2 said:
Revo rancher I quoted you to help you out! Thats gratitude for ya! I read it just how you typed it!

BO YAH!

I would consider the Mayhem if I were you

I own one and I can't understand everybody is missing out on this marvel

it's one of the best buggy I have seen and very cheap and robust by that

I dont think i blew it out of context that much... :) :hammer: Anyways back to the subject I'm not sure if i already said this but u would go for the ofna hyper 7 pbs.
Only 389 at www.donaldshobby.com i think thats it. Also weed through the other threads theres loads of stuff to help you get your perfect buggy. Whatever you get I'm sure your gonna love it. can't WAIT TILL SUMMER!

gdc02 said:
I would consider the Mayhem if I were you

I own one and I can't understand everybody is missing out on this marvel

it's one of the best buggy I have seen and very cheap and robust by that

gdc02 I dont really speak that language. I mean come on its not like your applying for this amasing job and you need to impress anyone with your out standing grammar skills. You know some of us are 14...

p.s. It is that last sentance is what really killed me "it's one of the best buggy I have seen and very cheap and robust by that" ha@!

pop=popular
and it would be about 60% basher 40% racer is what I will be doing with it

OFNA buggy basher said:
gdc02 I dont really speak that language. I mean come on its not like your applying for this amasing job and you need to impress anyone with your out standing grammar skills. You know some of us are 14...

p.s. It is that last sentance is what really killed me "it's one of the best buggy I have seen and very cheap and robust by that" ha@!

OFNA buggy basher, I was wondering what the last part of your statment was directed at. It kind of looked like you were jumping on gdc02 about his grammer? I think it was revo rancher that was jabbing at you about your spelling not gdc02, just thought you may want to clear that up before someone gets upset. I hate it when people start jabbing on people over spelling, were here to have fun not have a spelling bee.

I would suggest the Storm Plus RTR. Less than $400 and it includes many of the major hopups. I've had my original Storm for a year and I love it.

Matt

I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings I'm just messin around I'm sure no cares. acctually I'm more insulting my self because i dont have the slightest clue of what he said. I think people need to lighten up and just relax everything will be ok. Anyways have we heard from the guy who started this thread? Do we know what we got?

Not really. We are all just on a rant.

I translate:

you guys seem to overlook the sportwerks Miami's
I have one and I like it a lot
it's us , it's cheap, its original and it rocks , yeah!

I am selling my xb8 and will be driving a mayhem pro from now on :boxing:

hasta la vista , babys ... lol

Last edited:
oh I am glad some has discoverd what everybody has been doing just ranting.
I have posted a few things out but what is it that u want to know

my choose would be the mayhem also

Yay baby thats my english playa. keep it real dawg! I would still be rollin all up wit my hyper 7!

i vote for save your money. need more than 400 2 get what u want and everythin that goes with it.

-Ult

Back