3D Solid modeling my crawler..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKIP

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I have always wanted to build a crawler.. and I have made 3 tube chassis, and I have both TXT-1 and Mad Force axles.. The Chassis I have made look good but when it comes down to mounting everything up I get stuck in a posission that I can't get around.. Shocks hitting the servo, lings binding up.. ect.. So I have some experince with CAD and thought that I could design there, anb see what kind of issues I can solve with this.. Here you can see interfacing issues of parts and see how much room you have... whatever.. By moving the parts around I can see if it would work here and there... As long as everything is to scale it should work.. So here is the set up I am going with.. all the drawings are to scale.. within .030" or so... I had the tube chassi done and the comp crashed and I lost all of it.. Thats a lesson learned hard cuz I had 4 hours into it at that moment.. I now back everything up on a disk as I go..

Mad force axles, emaxx tranny, narrowed jumbo kongs, savage shocks, AL heim joints, and a tube chassis..

crawler.gif

crawler1.gif

crawler2.gif

Next is link mounts, upper links and mounts, and chassi...

Not sure if I like this set up at all but it would work.. I think it looks to bulky and hokie.. I need to look around at other twin force axle 4 link set ups.. I also need to learn the animation on my software so I can cycle the suspension...

crawl.gif

crawl1.gif

crawl2.gif

crawl3.gif

Looks like your off to a good start. You might want to consider mounting the shocks onto the lower links for more and smother articulation.

can you mount the lower shock mount to the lower linkage arm (at teh same point it bolts to the axle carrier) and the upper shock mount on the upper linkage arm (where they bolt to the chassis)????

Nevermind I see that wouldn't allow any shock travel that way....DOOOH

Back