360 or ps3???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
not sure if i wanna buy one or do another scaler build but i have been looking at both a 360 and ps3....so, wich do i want? i was looking at them on the bay and seen ps3's for like $350 shipped and 360's for $250+ shipped but not sure wich would be better for me? it wont be doing any online stuff so thats not important but it will need to be the most "ready to run" out of the box. wich has better games? i prefer like rally, motocross, bmx type games too...give me your thoughts.

is there any particular reason why? either control is good for me, I've played ALOT of halo2 so I'm used to xbox and i have a ps2 so I'm used to it too.

I have both, I only use my ps3 for the blu ray player though, all the good games for ps3 are multi platform so I just got them for my 360, I think it's alot funner, the online is way better, no internet browser but there's netflix and I think playing online is alot smoother. In the end it's all about personal preference though weather you like more technical games/computer games, or if you want more of a relaxed gaming system.

is there any particular reason why? either control is good for me, I've played ALOT of halo2 so I'm used to xbox and i have a ps2 so I'm used to it too.

i don't know why...one thing is the controls but i'm also only into like racing games and i think more of the games for the 360 are war related

I would get the 360 just because of Halo...I love that game!

Xbox 360. I had both, however, I sold my PS3 in the first month. There's just not enough games for me. As for 360, there's a good many, plus for me, more friends have them than PS3. I don't think you said you're interested in online, but for 360, it's in my opinion, much better. You pay for it, but it's worth it as compared to the PS3's online. For games, there's DIRT, which is a rally type game. Also, coming soon is DIRT 2. ATV vs. MX: Untamed is a great MX game. Another good game I found myself playing a good bit is "Baja: Edge of Control" Overall, to me, the 360 is better. The games selection just tops the PS3's graphics. Even though they're better, the 360's are still excellent.

ok thanks for the opinions guys! i'll prolly look at a 360 instead. thanks.

Ps3 has better alot of good games comming out..Xbox 360 is good for online.. Lots more people on xbox live...If your not on line go with the ps3..

Shameless plug:::: and I'm not just saying that because I'm selling one..;)
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/vgm/1314053968.html

I also have a 360... Not tryn' to hijack your post dude...

Attachments

• 360.jpg
    360.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
I have both the 360 and PS3. I use the PS3 for Blue Ray's mostly. The gaming workhorse is the 360. I really like playing online on XBox Live.

If you buy a used 360, make sure it has the HDMI port. In general if it doesn't, it is first generation and you may (probably will) get the red rings of death.

+1 on the hdmi port.. I wouldn't trust one that didnt.. I have 2 dead ones.. I finally got a new one and don't play it.. Hdmi looks slightly better also..

I know this thread is about 3 weeks old, but which on did you go with slow? The Xbox has a lot more role playing games then the PS3. I like the free online gaming with the PS3. Since you said its not a big deal with the online that shouldnt matter. The only problem I have with the PS3 is that updating it takes an act of congress. Getting the actual software for the system is not a problem, its the updates for the games. For some reason it has a really ahrd time getting them.

I ended up going with the 360 since it was cheaper. I like it very much, been hooked on Skate 2 for the past week or so. Actually the first 360 I bought quit on me but luckily the place I bought it from was cool and even paid the return shipping!

Back