3-Speed now allowed for HPI Challenge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to the DE event? I plan to run in two classes. I really can't see running the 3-speed in my truck. I already have nearly uncontrollable acceleration (MAJOR wheelies) and super high top speed with my Picco 26 and very tall 18/47 gearing. The motor makes much more power than the S-25. I could probably run 19/47 or 20/47 and still easily wheelie on pavement from a dead stop or a roll. My biggest problem is stopping and turning without flipping over.

On the other hand the 3-speed would probably be beneficial to the S-25. If I were you I would consider a bigger/more aggressive motor before the 3-speed. Your setup will be less complicated and you will have more power on command at all times.

Last edited:
If you go to the DE race, your biggest problem will be keeping me from takin you out of the race. :devious: Stand clear of the purple beast!

Let me know if you guys are going down. Granted I don't run HPI gear but I may be able to pit for you as well as get you through NJ.

Dammit... Whens the DE event? I'd like to come dow also, but I aint taking my truck apart again to meet the guidlines... lol

ImBroken said:
Dammit... Whens the DE event? I'd like to come dow also, but I aint taking my truck apart again to meet the guidlines... lol

TVP's?

Diver6127 said:
Let me know if you guys are going down. Granted I don't run HPI gear but I may be able to pit for you as well as get you through NJ

Would be great to have you there.

my 3 speed should be here friday. i'll let you cats know how it acts with the k46.

yo ross have you tried lowering your ride with some nova towers and 4" inch shocks?

we got a dirt oval track so the k46 and 3 speed should be sweet. I'm running 18/48 gearing on mine.

ImBroken said:
It's still tentative on the HPI site but the dates are August 13-14 at Blue Diamond Park, Delaware.

Why did you have to tear your truck down? What are the guidelines?

arawak420 said:
yo ross have you tried lowering your ride with some nova towers and 4" inch shocks?

When racing on-road with the Savage (which is rarely) I temporarily lower it by tie strapping the suspension arms to the shock towers.

July 23-24 HPI Challenge in Ohio
August 13-14 HPI Challenge at Blue Diamond Park, Delaware (tentative)*
September 3-4 HPI Challenge at 4 Fun Hobbies, California (tentative)*

Rules here:
http://www.hpiracing.com/challenge/2005/rules.php

Last edited:
Back