2011 savage x 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was a lik lean on the low speed cause when i would let off u can hear it wanting to run out of fuel. It was so cold. I will tune more next time when i have more fuel to play with. My buddy just wanted to see it go lol. Ya she rips in the snow for sure. I love this truck

I thought it was a lik lean on the low speed cause when i would let off u can hear it wanting to run out of fuel. It was so cold. I will tune more next time when i have more fuel to play with. My buddy just wanted to see it go lol. Ya she rips in the snow for sure. I love this truck

It looked to me like when you got off throttle the lean HSN made your LSN have to catch up to slow it down. You looked like the idle was good and it wasn't until you held WOT for a long pass that the HSN was able to show its lean. it was also present when you were blipping it to get those sweet wheelie stop, wheelie, stop.

Then again it could just be a slightly too big idle gap, you seem like you have a handle on it though.

I mention it cause I run in the cold and running through the sow and cold temp really cool the engine down, and then temp checking really is only misleading as you can be running lean but at a seemingly cool temp.

Oh i see. I didnt have any fuel besides what i ran so i didnt really have much time to mess with it. I was only gonna run it for a few but as u can tell inwas having a lil too much fun haba

Gotta love the snow! Just be careful when driving on the road, I don't know if your road gets salted but that salt will eat at your tvp's if not washed off.

Thanks man ya my road gets heavily salted thanks for that tip

well guys, i picked up a used savage xl and had to put all my time into that.. the xl was a lil beat up.. well not really just really dirty.. and it was time for a make over for it.. and wel lets just say i liked the savage xl more then the x so this is what i did with them both..
savage xl

2281ad58.gif

ad751924.gif

a72ada04.gif

75ad5724.gif

8f8ffd54.gif

f12ccbe6.gif

and now the savage x
7ef91479.gif

5d665406.jpg

0311b220.gif

e271e762.gif

dd720533.jpg

5d665406.jpg

honestly i like the orange better.. and i plan on putting a rb mt9 in the xl and a picco .28 in the x... till then hope u all enjoy

Last edited:
So you just swapped the orange parts from the X to the XL? Sweet! My XL is gettting a make over pretty soon as well I just finished rebuilding my X last month so now it's time to freshen up my XL.

Not just the orange stuff.. Everything lol. So basicaly instead of having a new savage x i have a new savage xl. Accept i used the xl diffs and xl dog bones. The x is still pretty nice shape i just want to put most my attention on the xl so i want it to be as new as possible lol.. For now haha

havent been doing much to the trucks lately but the xl got a picco 28 .. dynamite max life shoes w/ 1mm springs see how that goes..
and a new lid...

still to come..

dynmamite 086 (for now)
ercm pipe eventually
swaybars
better steering/throttle servos..

any ideas on what esle i should get?

96e7b354.gif

421d699f.gif

141f87cc.gif

3a362ca0.jpg

1a764871.jpg

Last edited:
they are the integy aluminum hub carriers. they eliminate the rear turnbuckles and the rear c hub.. i like them.. they are nice and thick and look strong as hell..

yup this one INTT6906SILVER

theyre not bad either in price.. u can get them in silver and purple

yeah I'm not either for other things.. but i can tel these are gonna be good.. theyre really big and strong..

I may give them a shot. I just ordered a full set of purple RPM A arms for the XL. Plus a new hearder couple of spur gears, new set of aluminum clutches. I'm gettting a new engine in a couple weeks. I'm going with a LRP .30. I would like to get rid of the rear turnbuckles as well so I may add these to my list.

I may give them a shot. I just ordered a full set of purple RPM A arms for the XL. Plus a new hearder couple of spur gears, new set of aluminum clutches. I'm gettting a new engine in a couple weeks. I'm going with a LRP .30. I would like to get rid of the rear turnbuckles as well so I may add these to my list.

i would for sure.. i like the fact that it has no turnbuckles in the rear.. i want to do the front next.. other then that i think its pretty good out of the box.. i love my xl.. i just put the picco 28 in there for now.. i have another one I'm sending out and can't wait to try that out.. hey would u happen to know how i could cancel my account on here? i thought my last acct got hacked and i finaly got it working again, and now i have to accts on here and i want to delete this one. got any ideas?

Hey man i looked up those hub carriers and it says they won't fit the XL. ?????