2011 savage x 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i see. in the video it said u needed a charger for it in oreder to reuse it so i was just curious

i have used that ignitor a lot since i have had the truck and it hasnt gone dead yet.. so i assume it lasts a while anyways, but i have a few spares.. but the stock one that comes with the truck works great

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

got some vids of the beast yesterday.. thought id share with some folks.. enjoy.. let me know what u all think

th_3a88362a.jpg

th_831a6af1.jpg

wheelie action..
th_d1b6ffa3.jpg

yeah? i thought about it.. do u think it will be faster? whats the advantage of a 3 speed?

Lower first gear and a taller third gear more linear distrbution of engine torque and yes it will be a little faster. I put one in my Savage X and I love it. I have one in my XL but it came stock with it. Judging by the amount of room you have to run in the videos I think your rig would really benefit from it.

yeah? i thought about it.. do u think it will be faster? whats the advantage of a 3 speed?

It will increase you top speed, if you shorten it enough you can have some really fast take offs aswell as top speeds. I personally dont need it, but if you need like a longer ratio cuz you have a more open area then go for it. I kinda personally like the 2 speed.

Also.. before you go spending a ton of money for a 3 speed. look on ebay. all these online hobby stores offer them i believe for around 100 bucks or something like that. ebay has them just as good and cheaper shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-87220-3...Accessories&hash=item43ac793c04#ht_2174wt_952

or if you just wanna buy a whole new case with the 3 speed inside.http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-SAVAGE-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item256aa6a886

yeah ur right about the room i have lol.. seems like it tops out quick as hell.. i might consider that.. the 3 speed would be nice..

It will also give your engine a little bit longer power curve so it won't wind out on the high end as quick as it does withe the 2 speed. Don't worry about losing the ability to pull wheelies. Both my X and my XL will pull the front wheels off the ground and keep them there through all 3 gears and as long as I dare to keep the throttle pinned.

yeah i hear that lol.. sometimes i wish i wouldnt be so agressive with the throttle lol.. i have a question abou the wheelie bar? the wheelie bar came with two wheels.. a big one and a small one.. which one is better? i believe that the big one is so it wont wheelie so straight up and the small one is for more straight up wheelies.. i find that I'm landing on my lid alot.. i was gonna try the bigger wheel and see if it helps.. what do u all think?

looks like i just picked up a savage xl with a 5.9.. i dunno about the 5.9 but it will be nice to have a xl and a x.. what do yall think of the xl?

They are a bit more stable with the extended chassis and widened axles, but just as durable as any other savage.

Yeah seems like they tried to make the XL a scale in it self.. not really an 8th scale maybe 7 ?? but yeah I've not heard much good about 5.9 but you never know you might be lucky and not have any issues :D post pics !!

I will as soon as i get it. The guy said the 5.9 has 2 gallons and it looks good bu this pics i got of the engine. Bu this is gonna be my winter project. I want to get a nice picco 28 or lrp 30 for it i had 2 xls before and i used those lrp engines and they were bad butt

does anyone know if the new orange bulkhead plates from the savage x will work on the savage xl? i dont like the purple anodizing now that i have the new x with the orange.. was wondering if i could get the same orange anodized plates and use them on my new xl?

I believe they are the same. You could always de-anodize them and leave them silver.

thats true.. i have done that with a revo chassis.. it looked good at first but then it got really crapy looking.. id probly have to polish it after cause i didnt on the last one and it looked bad once nitro got on it.. mudslinger fo u have any vids of ur truck?

Well i got some new vids On youtube of the savage in snow. My username is shizcol.. Look up savage x vids sorry i dont have the links. Just thought id share that. Thanks

Last edited:
thats true.. i have done that with a revo chassis.. it looked good at first but then it got really crapy looking.. id probly have to polish it after cause i didnt on the last one and it looked bad once nitro got on it.. mudslinger fo u have any vids of ur truck?

Videos as of right now, no. My camera takes sh*t for videos, been looking at getting a flip video camera for 50 bucks on ebay.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytte_CJD8mI"]2011 savage x 4.6 snow runner - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQlJZD52bM"]Savage x4.6 - YouTube[/ame]

Great vid bro, but be careful, your running a little bit too lean on the HSN.

Don't let the cool temps fool you

She LOVES the snow huh. Rippin though it, awesome.

Back