2.5r

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustlerman2475

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm kinda new to the rc world though i hae read the magazines for years. none of them actualy explain the engine ratings. like i have a nitro rustler with a 2.5R engine does that mean it produces 2.5 horse power or what. and what about the .22,.18 and so on engines. just some thing I've always wanted to know.
thank you.

Well the trx 2.5 means it is 2.5 cubic centimeter. That .15 cubic inches. It is the same for all engines but they are measured in ci and cc.

yeah i realized that but than my internet went down before i could change it. sorry about that

an horsepower wise its rating from the company (which is usually exaggerated) is around (a little over) 1 hp, so like 1.2 (which seems reasonable to me)

ok cool that helps. and also i wanted to know. what is the difference between the 2.5 and 2.5R?

2.5R is supposed to be a racing engine. but I've been to the track over here by me and if you have a 2.5R your going to get whiped!

At it's simplest, the 2.5r has the blue annodized head and the 2.5 doesn't.

thats all i figured there would be some thing more but ok. also for a rustler what engine would u recamend?

send in your engine to traxxas and they will return a nice new shiny 3.3 to ya for $85 with there engine exchange program

85 my A$$ its now at 110 with a pullstarter

Bartek, I think that has something to do with "Covering Overheads" such as shipping from the manufacturer etc etc and the british tax system !!!. Still, an $80 increase for us brits does seem a bit of a slime fest.

Also, should we account for our new V.A.T rate of 15% instead of the old 17.5 % in that figure of £135 ? ? ?

And no those VAT figures aint backwards, it was dropped recently to cope with the major a$$ depression this country is in !!

Yup it does get a bit nasty there....I remember when I lived there; on day to day things it was not so bad but my goodness did it add up on big items. At least you have some sort of Traxxas parts support there. All mine I have to get via post from the states.

Back