2.4 ghz radio range?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forest

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
how far will my radio reach i have a new redcat volcano s30 wiht a 2.4 ghz radio, radio came with car everything on car is stock

Hard to say, it depends on the brand and model of the radio. You will find the higher end radios will reach a lot farther than the cheaper. You also have to take into consideration outside interferance and the lay of the land. More trees, buildings and powerlines=less distance. My Futaba 3PKS will reach farther than either my stock Traxxas or HPI 2.4 radios.

Most will go farther than you would be comfortable driving at.
Here's a test:

With your truck close to you, ENGINE OFF, at full throttle with wheels turned, shut off the radio. If the throttle and steering servos go to neutral then it has a built in failsafe.

ok i just did that and i had my thorttle held wide open and its just turned completely back so does that mean i ahve a fail safe

It turned back when you turned the transmitter off?

If so then it either has a failsafe or a spring on the throttle servo, or both.

I have that radio on my tmaxx took it off my redcat.took over 150 yards no problem they have a built in failsafe if its bind right

Back