1/10 scale buggy going crazy! HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiseptic011

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So about a year ago I bought myself an xceed rc car and it worked great for about a week. I can't seem to figure out why, but while I'm running it in my front driveway it will totally stop responding to my controller. The first time it happened it took off full speed and ran into 4 curb-sides ripping the entire buggy apart. At first i thought it was maybe the batteries going dead in the controller or the buggy, but today after finally fixing it i was running it for the first time and it did it again! It stopped responding and ran into a curb at like 40mph. After killing the engine i cranked it back up and it ran fine and responded to the controller perfect.

Any ideas?

*possibly out of range (easy fix get a fail safe, i recomend a ofna you can get on ebay for ike $20.00 total with shipping. i just ordered one for my other car i just bought)

*batteries could be wiggling loose in the car (easy fix just use bread ties, zip ties, rubber bands, or whatever that will fit into the battery box to make sure they dont fall out of place, i perfer bread ties because there small and strong)

i would deafinately recomend doing both of these things first and seeing if that fixes it and if it dont then re ask this question but either way both of these suggestions would be a good move even if it doesn't fix the problem.

this is the ofna fail safe i just bought http://cgi.ebay.com/Ofna-Micro-Fail...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 and dont worry about how it says its for savage, it should fit all nitro rc's

Last edited:
i'm definately going to get the fail safe, thats a cool upgrade. but i dont think thats the problem. I always have had a fresh set of batteries and i am soo nervous about it crashing that i always keep it close to me so it doesn't get out of range..Any other ideas?

There could be interference. Trying going to a different spot. Do the servos go crazy when the engine isn't running?

well I'm not sure about if its when the engine is running; i would assume so since it goes crazy and usually runs full speed into a curb by itself. but when the engine is not running, the survos kinda twitch alot

make sure all your connections are firm and there are no cuts in any of the wires or the antenna