Greenskeepers Revo Questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenskeeper

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After sitting yesterday and almost pulling my hair out and grinding my teeth. Current state of my car is good! RPM on all four corners including trutrac. I bought the rear brake kit only to see when I got home, I needed the center dif kit. I pulled my tranny and installed the foc, meaning to do the center dif with foc. ( for now it is just foc) next time I will go with part number to Lhs.
I realized I also need to find a fail safe as the opti-drive is gone. And I'm not trying to see my car go banana's.
So what is the preferred brand or type of fail safe?

Are you using a 2.4 GHz radio? If so, you already have a failsafe. If not, OFNA makes a good one.

Yes, but I was under the impression, the failsafe was in the optidrive that was removed for the Forward only conversion?

The Opti-Drive isn't a true failsafe. It only prevents the transmission from shifting from forward to revers or from reverse to forward until the rig is completely stopped.

when u loose the transmitter it relaxes everything back to neutral. if u set up the brake on the revo so its slightly positively engaged it will slowly stop the car instead of just opening up to full throttle. you can simulate it by just turning off your remote...

when u loose the transmitter it relaxes everything back to neutral. if u set up the brake on the revo so its slightly positively engaged it will slowly stop the car instead of just opening up to full throttle. you can simulate it by just turning off your remote...
I can do that for sure!

Is there a failsafe that monitors battery also, or is this the can o worms that leads to the tx/rx upgrades? My wife is gonna bury me!

i have an Ofna Fail safe for my Maxx and never had problems with it.

That's right, the opti-junker does provide low-voltage protection.....but it's best to get rid of it. The 2.4ghz radio has a failsafe to protect you from a lost signal only, and there's a spring to pull the servo back to neutral if you lose power completely. When the power fades away you can have a grey area of no protection.

While enjoying the afternoon, I had my revo out on my street and surrounding banks! While on my " last" run wot, right before I let off I heard the engine rev up! I got it stopped, but then it wouldn't move. Running like Forrest Gump,as to get it out of the way of my neighbors driveway. I could have died, exercise is for fit folks! Seems I stripped the spur gear really clean.... Is this common, might I have done something to get this effect? I love fixing my truck!!!! But waiting for parts, gets less attractive each time!

Should be able to pick up a spur at The hobby shop, Mesh is very important, if you get it correct you shouldn't have to replace it too often, did you do any jumping? i ran one on my last tmaxx for 2 years, and finally changed it for gits and shiggles.

make sure that the bearings in ur clutchbell are good, and its shimmed correctly. there shouldnt be any movement in and out with the clutchbell. eg they say 0.5mm shimming for the clutchbell. i think i currently have 0.6 and there is maybe 0.05mm of movement.

when i mesh my cb and spur i basically move the engine up via the mount till the spur make a bit of a grinding noise with the cb and then i pull the motor down literally a touch and then the noise will go away and you should be good. you want it to spin freely. eg turn itself after you flick it at least 2 times. mine spins a good 4-5times before it comes to a halt. but there isnt any play between the cb and spur if you get me.... if you loosen it too much it will start making grinding noises again.

youtube squirrel and you find his vids helpful too.

Make sure your motor mount isn't busted. It's easy to flip the truck and tweak the engine mount, especially if it lands upside down backwards.

Sweet looks like I'm gonna be digging in the heart today! I've pulled my tranny but not yet the engine. I'm really excited! Wish wife would wake up so I could start. I did notice a lil excess oil on my motor when I was cleaning up for inside entry. Did land on lid a few times too... Hmmm! Hope I didn't really do a number. Lol
good thing gear is 3.00!
Did just get the tracking # for my Flysky tx/rx! I await your delivery Mr. UPS man! :)
Thanks y'all! I keep ya posted!

love those tracking numbers. altho if you want it fast id go with fedex.... there normal postage to my place from the states is 5 days, including weekends and holidays. usps... well express took them 10days... not including weekend

---------- Post added at 9:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:15 PM ----------

btw i live in australia :p

so its just international they suck :p does help tho that fedex have there own planes etc :p