Mini Quake for $80...good deal?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSY0829

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at a Mini Quake for my son(6 yrs old) which only has 2 runs on it. It is bone stock and comes with 2 extra 1200 Nimh batteries and rechargables for the radio. The guy used it to chase his cats around the driveway. The decals aren't even on yet. He wants $80 for it. Is this a good deal? I've never had a Duratrax product before so I'm wondering if it's worth it?

i would say yes a very good deal. they usually go for around 160 new. you would be paying half the price with some extra stuff go for it.

I personally have not heard or seen anything overly negative about the Mini Quake, but you may want to check around for parts availability (if your 6 year old son is anything like my 7 year old son, the concept of "immovable object" hasn't quite cemented itself yet).

Also, you may want to consider a 1/10th scale buggy for him. I started my boy out on an Evader BX with a 20 turn motor. It wasn't so quick that he felt out of control with it, but it was fast enough that he didn't get bored with it. I went this route over an 18th scale primarily because I didn't want to get him something so small that he struggled to track it and keep it upright. I know some people do not hold Duratrax in high regard, but that little buggy took a beatin' for sure and kept coming back!

I would jump on it, its fun for bashing in the living room if nothing else.

Yep a great deal,just inspect it well.Look for impacts and if there are no major "hidden" scars. $80 is a very good deal,the Mini Quake is a solid mini truck.

I passed it up because he wanted $40 to ship it. I'm not paying $40 for something that only costs around $15 to ship.

JSY0829 said:
I passed it up because he wanted $40 to ship it. I'm not paying $40 for something that only costs around $15 to ship.
What, you mean thats not the way to make extra cash? lol

Back