I need engine advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigboi11

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I cracked my engine so I am going to get a new one. I have a hyper 7 psb and I need to no what is considered the best or one of the better .21 engines. I am sticking to .21 because I want to race. It is true that you have to use a .21 on the track isn't it?

RB concepts WS711 Is my choice I have one and the power is increadable low to high couple it with a ofna .063 for mass mid or the .086 for tottle top end ..or the .053 for mass low end

I have a HB.21 engine uf your interested that id sell ya for 45$ shipped. 1-1/2 gallons never over heated and if just leaned out then it would scream. It was in my lightning then someone gave me a .25 Lmk if your interested. It could always be your back up engine too. Just LMK, sorry to interupt ur thread

The engine that broke was the hyper .21 8 port. What parts exactly are the .063, .086, and the .053

those are pipes. I would say any of the rb except maybe the 3 port sport if you are gonna race. I have the S5 and love it. The only other that I have hands on tried is the O.S. v-spec and I liked it as well.

i vote for RB as well. the s5 is a great engine, especially for a short tight track. i have one and i have 2 ws7II's, and they are killer as well. i like the RB .063 with the ws7II, although the .086 does good as well. you will hear alot of diff choices here.so read away and good luck

yeah RB WS7II is a good choice and a website is selling them for $264

OS V-spec. 3HP. DONE

Or, for the price you can get a Collari B3(short track) or B7(longer straights)

I've seen the collari 3 port at my local track. Pretty inpressive for the price!

I agree with these guys. If you're looking to save some money and still have a raceable engine, the OS RG isn't too shabby. I see the RG all the time out on the track. Not everyone can afford to $300 engines. If you have a really long straight away, the WS7 will walk on you toward the end of it. The vspec will beat both from what I hear. It seems to be the engine to have if you have the money.

I have seen the WS7II and it needs room to run. I think you would need to play with the gearing to get it to work better on a short track. Hell for bashing the WS7II looks to be an awesome mill.

Back