Go .20 Traxxas replacement engine's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Going to try and get the cash together to purchase one of these this nitro season and do a long term review on it. Go .20 drop in replacement engine for the Traxxas rigs. Prob same quality as the traxxas mills but from the pic looks like it has an alum carb.
$_103.jpg

I was almost going to pull the trigger on this one but opted for the OS .21 for my Jato... I will be looking forward to a review!!! Hard to pass up for the money imo..

That's what I figured for the price it was worth trying. I've had good luck even with my Traxxas mills minus a rod problem every once in awhile. I have broke a few carbs on the Traxxas engines also so the aluminum carb would be a bonus.

Since you brought up Traxxas engines and carbs, are there other aluminum carbs that will work for the traxxas? I know about the 11k but it's tough justifying 90 bucks for a 125 dollar engine.... I run the Losi 3.4 and really like it... just wondering about others besides these...

Not sure on aluminum carbs that fit on the TRX's mills. I see people running the Losi 3.4 carbs though. And yes the Losi 3.4 engines do seem to run great. Seen a few in the maxx series rigs they move out very nicely. I was going to put one in a #4910 maxx but my Picco is still hanging in there. I know you have to cut the crank down on the Losi 3.4 to get it to fit properly from the research I have done.

Nice! Look forward to seeing your review on it. Especially compared to other "known" engines in the same price range :)

Not sure on aluminum carbs that fit on the TRX's mills. I see people running the Losi 3.4 carbs though. And yes the Losi 3.4 engines do seem to run great. Seen a few in the maxx series rigs they move out very nicely. I was going to put one in a #4910 maxx but my Picco is still hanging in there. I know you have to cut the crank down on the Losi 3.4 to get it to fit properly from the research I have done.
Ok. That is what I am running in my maxx4910.. trx/losi and I really dig it..

reminds me of the megatech engines that flooded the market years ago

My brother has a Go .20 in his buggy but was looking to down grade to a .18 engine so he wanted the SH .18 engine and I was looking to buy a nitro truck so we ended up buying this Conquistador from http://www.thehobbyworx.com/rc-cars...cale/conquistador-nitro-rc-monster-truck.html and he took the .18 engine left me with the truck.

If I believe what's going around these days I would say that SH is making it self a pretty good reputation.

I keep looking at this engine ,just want some solid reviews before I buy .would probs go sweet in my s maxx basher idea I have....

I keep looking at this engine ,just want some solid reviews before I buy .would probs go sweet in my s maxx basher idea I have....
How about we go in together and buy one.. half and half.. I will use it the first half of its life and you get the second half...

This way if it is a flop, we are both only out half the money..lol..

haha how come I get the 2nd half....
I gotta convince the guy to sell me the roller first

Wow with all the interest in this mill I do believe I will have to find away to get my hands on one. Gonna set my hopes high that way the disappointment is worse LOL!

haha how come I get the 2nd half....
I gotta convince the guy to sell me the roller first
Well I just want to make sure it does not flop on you first...lol Just lookin out for ya is all...

see there are still nice people out there lol.
I've got the idea my head for the build just need the funds and stop collecting tamiya gear , that's costing me a goddam fortune atm lol

I had to quit keeping track of how much I spend on rc. The commander threatened to block my paypal account.... EEEK!!

whats a budget? doesn't everyone just pile this stuff on their credit cards until their finances collapse or is it just me? :hehe:

I been there done that to the tune of 30 k on a 1:1 rock crawler. Took me 4 years to dig out... never again. Cards get paid off every month.

Back