Need opinions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Blade 120SR a good Heli to learn on? I've read a couple people here and there say that it is and i like the fact that its a little bigger than your standard micro. i also like that fact that it has what appears to be JR connectors on the lipos which means I can solder up a parallel battery connector or someone may even make a series adapter so I can charge multiples at once.
Also is the stock TX that comes with it fine for this kit or should I look at the BNF and some other TX (Suggestions appreciated if this is the route your would suggest)?
Any other things I should take into consideration?

yeah, that's a good learner. as far as the tx, it depands on how much u want to spend. the stock one works fine, but its no dx8. oh, and I like ur signature. I hate having that conversation with people:)

As far as the TX goes, it probably wont get used outside the blade. I'm hoping once I master the blade to move up to the belt cp and flysky TX i have. Once I've gotten good with that I will start spending cash on serious stuff like t-rex and a high end TX. My main concern is that the TX is good enough to get a good feel and that it controls the blade well.

BLH3100_a1?$pdpLand$.jpg

It's fine for learning, but a little pricey if you ask me. It's on Horizon for 150 and the TX can't work on anything else.
This has a fixed pitch with a motor driven tail rotor but flight characteristics are the same as a much lower priced coaxial heli.
If you just want to find out if you enjoy flying helis, start out with a coax for about $50.
You're not REALLY flying helis till you get into the full collective pitch helis, but the simpler ones are still a blast to fly.
For the most part, other than positive and negative collective, the stick movement will teach you the controls for any heli.

Amain has them for $130...I really like HH stuff so I think I'm gonna go ahead and spend the extra money. I'm already pretty sure I like them as I had a Walkera Dragonfly#4 for a short time (next time I'll remember to turn the ceiling fan off o_O )and it seemed fun. Plus I have a friend who is trying to learn how to fly helis also so I feel like I'm ok with spending the extra money on teh Blade if its a good learner. On top of that Amain has a 10% of for labor day so I can pick up the RTF for about $117ish
Thanks for the input though...My goal is eventually 6ch CP! :)

I was going to suggest the MSRX, but I guess it's discontinued (explains why the RTF was $99). It's fixed pitch and flybarless, the AS3X make it extremely stable and easy to fly.

Yeah I can't decide if I want the MSR or the 120SR. The 120SR is really to bif to fly inside and the MSR is to small to really use outside. (dont read as absolutes :p )

I'd say you're better off with the bif one. :rolleyes:
LOL...I swear I know I'm getting old...the last year or two I make waaaaaay more mistakes like that than I ever did before...sometimes its not even just a letter its like a whole different word. It will be a word similar to what I meant to type but not the right one o_O[DOUBLEPOST=1409442718][/DOUBLEPOST]and I think you're right I think I'm gonna go for the bigger one :)

GW for your Tx get a Taranis. I bought the DX6, and wished I would have gone open source.

GW for your Tx get a Taranis. I bought the DX6, and wished I would have gone open source.
I'll keep it in mind but I most likely wont be upgrading from my Flysky until i upgrade from my belt cp and I have even gotten to that yet :)
What is it that is good about having open source firmware...although I'm pretty sure I can guess

@sur3fir3 What are the advantages of going open source. I mean other than the fact taht open source firmware is almost always better. How does a Taranis compare quality wise to a Spektrum TX?

Back