Jeff Gordon is Da Man!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately it doesn't account for much here. 41st place DNF and still has 132 points in hand. But that doesn't matter. Right? Because he sucks and all that. Only one word for the haters...

Scoreboard....

BTW, next week I'll be in Dover. I'll make sure I get pics of his victory lap.

on another note I'm happy to see Casey Mears get his first win. It's been a long time comin'. And let me just say this now to anybody who may feel the need to call it "plain luck". Go pound sand. Just because he doesn't have dozens if visits to victory lane doesn't mean he didn't earn it.

on another note I'm happy to see Casey Mears get his first win. It's been a long time comin'. And let me just say this now to anybody who may feel the need to call it "plain luck". Go pound sand. Just because he doesn't have dozens if visits to victory lane doesn't mean he didn't earn it.

ya at least he got a win before they take his car away and let JR drive it next year hahahahahha

Candyman is talking the truth..Dover is going to be a COT race so Team Hendrick already have a plus on their side.

ya at least he got a win before they take his car away and let JR drive it next year hahahahahha

I dont' know about all that... I can't imagine that Hendrick would throw away 2 years of development, especially with a driver who has more than proven his worthyness of a quality ride. Even without the win I think Mears was safe for at least 1 more year. Besides, Jr. has no place there anyways... I just don't think he "fits".

And while I'm ranting, can we try to keep all the full-time Nextel guys out of the Busch races? C'mon, how seriously do you take Kevin Harvick last year and Carl Edwards this year? It's like me going back to 4th grade to beat up some kids. Give the other guys a chance. That's what the Busch series is there for.

THATS WHAT i SAY!!! If these guys want to race more often go race a different style car! There is no need for harvick to run both cars full time. Whooptie freakin doo if he won the Busch champ last season. Choose one and stick with it!

Rick has already said there is no room and Hendrick racing for JR.

On a side note I thought JR had a bad ass looking car Sunday, the camo was awesome!

Last edited:
THATS WHAT i SAY!!! If these guys want to race more often go race a different style car! There is no need for harvick to run both cars full time. Whooptie freakin doo if he won the Busch champ last season. Choose one and stick with it!

I think they should limit the double duty to anybody who is currently outside of the top 20 in Cup drivers points. Just my :2cents:

On a side note I thought JR had a bad ass looking car Sunday, the camo was awesome!

Hell yeah! That scheme was badass for sure. It even caught my wifes attention.. and that's sayin' A LOT!

I think they should limit the double duty to anybody who is currently outside of the top 20 in Cup drivers points. Just my :2cents:

I thought they used to do that, when and why did it change? Thought I remember it being in relation to lower turnouts and lack of interest in Busch but never heard the real reason.

I hate to say this but where ever JR want to go there would be plenty of room made,look at the money and sponsors he brings...I hope he move to a childress car ...just my 2 cents:farting: :farting:

I hate to say this but where ever JR want to go there would be plenty of room made,look at the money and sponsors he brings...I hope he move to a childress car ...just my 2 cents:farting: :farting:

I know many of you don't want to hear this but Jr. ain't no Jeff Gordon. Yes, he's a big name and yes, he brings a big sponsor. However, JPM is a big name too and havoline has poured endless amounts of money into this sport over the years. My point is that there is a lot of hype around Jr's "free agency" but he still doesn't have the kind of proven track record that should make it as big of a deal as everybody makes it seem. You wanna see some real stress on teams and jobs on a thin line?.... let's see Tony Stewart as a free agent...

I thought the same thing, that desert camo paint scheme looked way cool. I am already planning on doing one for my RS4 3

I thought the car looked really good as well. It was a bit tougher to pick him out in the field, but a cool scheme none-the-less. I bet that would look good on the RS4. I can't wait to see it.

Just for the record too folks. Jr may not have the wins Jeff does, or even Stewart. That is not what makes him so valuable as a free agent. He is a talented driver, heck, everyone in that garage area is a talented driver for that matter. What Jr brings to the table is something no other driver in that garage can do. Jr brings with him the largest fan base of any other driver, he brings a big time sponsor, he also brings millions of dollars in revenu to any team that signs him. No other driver can claim that. That is why he is being touted as the biggest free agent in NASCAR history. Now don't get me wrong... if Stewart or Gordon became a free agent, it would make headlines, but they still don't bring everything to the table that Jr does. If Jr stopped racing in Cup, half the fan base would disappear, instantly. Jr is big for NASCAR.

Tom

points taken.

But whoever signs Jr. isn't signing him because they want Budweiser and they're not signing him because he has 20 bazillion "overloyal" fans (you know what I mean.. "let's vote Tuex Jr. into the all-star race simply because he was handpicked by Jr." ... you know I'm partically right).Anyways, whoever signs him wants wins,and not just wins but they will want and expect a championship. Quite frankly, he just hasn't proven that he's a championship level competitor. Just my :2cents: I guess the bottom line is that no matter where he goes it will be with a stronger team than what he has been driving for. Hopefully he will be able to showcase his potential then.

points taken.

But whoever signs Jr. isn't signing him because they want Budweiser and they're not signing him because he has 20 bazillion "overloyal" fans (you know what I mean.. "let's vote Tuex Jr. into the all-star race simply because he was handpicked by Jr." ... you know I'm partically right).Anyways, whoever signs him wants wins,and not just wins but they will want and expect a championship. Quite frankly, he just hasn't proven that he's a championship level competitor. Just my :2cents: I guess the bottom line is that no matter where he goes it will be with a stronger team than what he has been driving for. Hopefully he will be able to showcase his potential then.

I understand what you are saying. I agree... Truex shouldn't be voted in just because Jr picked him, but just like in High School, popularity has its advantages! LOL This year Truex raced his way in though. I think Jr has pleanty of Talent. I think he proved that in 2004 when he won 6 races that year, and was a legitamite title contender. Of course that was when DEI was really on top of their game. I think DEI has fallen behind the technology curve, and that is what is hurting Jr. He has been competitive this year, maybe not for wins, but he is hanging in the top 10 or 15 this year, not to bad, just not good enough. I think we need to give him a real chance with his new team. I mean a good year to gell and see what can happen. I don't see Jr, really competing for a Championship until the 2009 season. But, until he gets his new ride and has a chance to gell, we really can't say he has no talent. There are only 3 other active drivers with more wins than he. Kurt Busch, and Matt Kenseth both have championships, but Jr, has more wins, so he is up there with the best of them.

Tom

There are only 3 other active drivers with more wins than he. Kurt Busch, and Matt Kenseth both have championships, but Jr, has more wins, so he is up there with the best of them.

Tom

I'm not trying to start anything but you might need to count again.I counted seven..but it doesn't really matter anyway..

Last edited:
Ok, so even 7, out of all the cup teams that's still pretty impressive. I think once he gets hooked up with a team that want's to win as much as he does we will see much more out of him. When you are at a place you don't want to be, and working for someone you dont want to work for it's going to hurt your performance no matter what. Lets see what happens when he is someplace he is happy being at.

Jr. will be fine. He does have plenty of talent and it will show once all the hoopla dies down. I think there have been plenty of behind-the-scenes struggles at DEI and that may have really hampered that team. The reality is that it's just not possible to drive a car AND try to run the show. And I think he's been trying to do a fair amount of that, expecting that he would ultimately run DEI. He's better off going and racing for someone else. Just look at his dad. He built DEI. But didn't drive for them. He stayed with RCR. Things just work better when someone else is calling the shots.
I predict that Kyle Busch will go the way of his brother. He'll do something stupid on or off the track by the end of the season (as if he hasn't done that already!) and Hendrick will send him packing. Thus a spot for Jr.
But we'll see. I thought I heard that he plans to announce by the end of the month.