The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel tank
Fuel tank.jpg

Wing
wing.jpg

Rear bulkhead brace
Rear upper bulkhead brace.jpg

Rear bumper
Rear bumper.jpg

Thanks bud, we are getting close.

Thanks bud, we are getting close.
Man can't wait to see it complete. So it's just a self queen. Or you going to run a few times? I would have to get a few runs in on it. After the time and money spent building it for sure.. can't wait either way bud... 👍

Yes I will run it because of a comical issue, it's too friggin big to put on a shelf up on a wall.. :eek:

Yes I will run it because of a comical issue, it's too friggin big to put on a shelf up on a wall.. :eek:
Hell yeah it is. It would pull the shelf right down off the wall. Then you will need tonpatch the holes from the srcews that got ripped out. Hahaha
You will need to build it's own rack to hold that beast. Man I can wait to see it..

Thanks bud, it has been a challenge and fun. So close to being finished.
I bought these today, I thought the "iced camo" would look pretty sharp with the aluminum.

body.jpg
spur.jpg
receiver box.jpg

Just picked up THIS lot off of eBay for $405. Wicked and I ballparked the retail cost of the kit and all of the aftermarket parts at about $700-$800. Granted the kit is used but doesn't look like it has a lot of runs on it. I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it over all :)

What is it GW, when I click on it, it shows several different rigs.

Our town is terrible for goatheads and is murderous on bike tubes. I am really tired of changing tubes and I even use slime in them.
Trying to pump them up really takes it out of me with my bad lungs, and no I don't blow on the tube , get your minds out of the gutter :D :D :D , I get shortened breath just from using a hand pump.

IMG_0572.JPG

Our town is terrible for goatheads and is murderous on bike tubes. I am really tired of changing tubes and I even use slime in them.
Trying to pump them up really takes it out of me with my bad lungs, and no I don't blow on the tube , get your minds out of the gutter :D :D :D , I get shortened breath just from using a hand pump.

View attachment 153394
What about getting a foot pump? Would that be easier on you?

I'm good with the compressor. I also have a CO2 inflator and CO2 cartridges, plus a extra tube with me on my bike.
Click on the link and then scroll down a little bit until you see the listing.
Now I feel stupid, I didn't even notice it was ebay. Nice score.

technically didnt buy but i 3d designed the esc holder, motor under plate, dual battery holder, servo box, and receiver box took about a total of 9 hours having my uncle print them either tomorrow or this week and send them to me tomorrow I'm going to home depot to buy metal for the chassis and some metal rods I'm going with this setup for electronics…
2x 4s 8000mah 100c sustained 200c burst
Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6
and some amazon 1/5 servo this builds going to be 🔥

6DF56CA6-52F1-4FEF-AD77-13E3199377BB.jpeg

Thanks bud, it has been a challenge and fun. So close to being finished.
I bought these today, I thought the "iced camo" would look pretty sharp with the aluminum.

View attachment 153381View attachment 153382View attachment 153383
Hell yeah the body looks awesome. Nice choice 👍👍
Just picked up THIS lot off of eBay for $405. Wicked and I ballparked the retail cost of the kit and all of the aftermarket parts at about $700-$800. Granted the kit is used but doesn't look like it has a lot of runs on it. I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it over all :)
Hell yeah!! Nice score bud 👍👍

technically didnt buy but i 3d designed the esc holder, motor under plate, dual battery holder, servo box, and receiver box took about a total of 9 hours having my uncle print them either tomorrow or this week and send them to me tomorrow I'm going to home depot to buy metal for the chassis and some metal rods I'm going with this setup for electronics…
2x 4s 8000mah 100c sustained 200c burst
Arrma Firma 8s BLX
Dumbo Rc x6
and some amazon 1/5 servo this builds going to be 🔥

View attachment 153409
Are you using Fusion for that?

Some things to note... the little table looking design will be a super pain to 3d print. It will require support material between all the table legs because as it starts to print the table top, there will be nothing for the printer to extrude the filament onto if you don'thave support material there. Not impossible to print, but not a 3d print friendly design. Same goes for the horizontal slots in the tall box. Those slots will need support material in them because the top side of the slots will be printed in thin air.

Go download Cura...
https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura

Watch some YT vids to learn how to use it. Then you can use it to preview the 3d print and see where features like the ones above might cause problems.
Somewhere in the world today, there is an underpaid guy mining for aluminum. He is working harder than ever while being yelled at by his boss to hurry up. Working at a feverish pace, he is screaming - "CURSE YOU TUNEDPIPE" 😜😝🤣

Back