You ever run a 4s lipo on a 2s/35amp?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GokusRC

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure what you're all thinking is this dude crazy lol. But I'll post a link here of my YouTube channel. I started building PCS workstations and gaming PCs about 5 years ago. And I realized that RC hobby is like PC Hobby in a way because when you start buying parts yourself and putting them together you realize just how much cheaper it is and how much of an amazing machine you can build for way less than some of these huge name trucks.

So that being said I started taking a look at the capacitors and my 2s/35 amp that's what they said it was. It comes with the jjrc q117.

No I'm sure no one has even tried to take this apart cuz why would you write but I noticed it said a 25 V on there and my 45 amp ESC only set a 16v.

So I'm like well that doesn't make any sense I wonder how many people are getting screwed over by buying a much higher amp that they don't even need?

It really comes down to the total power you are pulling, I used to run my Tamiya BFX on 4S, however it was with a modest 1900KV motor on a 540 can so it effectively pulled the equivalent power of a 3800KV motor on 2S, the ESC on this setup was a 60A Aeolean brand: