Yokomo Super Drift Car Setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroM3GTR

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I'm ordering my Yokomo Super Drift Car/MR-4TC SDCM tomorrow, and I think I have my setup:
MR-4TC SD/CM with Nissan 180SX body: $199.99 (UltimateHobbies.com)
190mm Kawada Toyota Chaser: $13.36(Ebay)
Hitec Aggressor 2 Channel AM Radio w/ 17T ESC: $78.99(Hobby People)
Trinity 19T Motor: $29.99(Hobby People)
Epic/Trinity 3000mah assembled stick pack: $18.99(Hobby People)
Pro-Max Nicad/NiMH Charger: $49.99(Hobby People)

I do have one question, however. I have never owned a hobby level electric vehicle before. How exactly is the ESC set up? How do I connect the battery and motor? I'm lost on this but it doesn't seem like it could be that hard. Also, do most kits come with shock oil or do I have to buy that?

Hi dude,

you should get setup instructions with the ESC because forward only and reversing ESC's connect totally differently.

Yes, most kits do come with oil and Yokomo are no exception in my experience.

I'm considering dusting off my Losi Street Weapon or TC3, drifting looks F.U.N.

(...thinks, wonder what the 1/8th buggy would go like.....naaa, stupid idea..)

Well, I got a Novak SS5800 and it comes pre-wired with Tamiya-style connectors, so I'm good on that. The kit didn't come with oil, but I just slapped on the shocks from my GT-4 and put the aluminum HPI one's on the GT-4.

I got the novak 5800 for my yoke drift kit too. have you driven yours yet? if so how is it.

I've driven mine countless times but now it sits in disrepair due to lack of available parts. I've moved on to a TL XXX-S G+ but it's still a dedicated drift car. I've also recently picked up an MR-4TCMD as a Mini drifter but I have not driven it as of yet.

i finally got to drive mine today, the novak 5800brushless is pretty fast i'd have to say it hits like 30mph i don't even need the drift tires to do a nice power slide. what kind of battery do you run in yours NITRO??