Wireless problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

I recently moved my desktop computer to my room, which is too far from the router, causing me to go wireless. I am getting great speed and connection, but whenever I am browsing, Firefox would say that a page would take too long to load, and it wouldn't go away until I repaired my network connection (Using the repair feature when you right click the network connection icon). This happens to any website I try to browse. Can anyone help me?

Desktop:
HP a844n

Wireless:
Linksys Wireless G PCI card.

Router:
AT&T 2Wire wireless router

Thanks!
Coby

Last edited:
GET VERIZON FIOS!!!! Or a new computer!!!! LOL

I'm not that great with computer terminology but I do know afew things so this is what I need help with. The Linksys Wireless G PCI card is the card that is allowing you access the internet via that wireless? Also, if your wireless network has a password, you need to input that or the 26 letter/number code into your internet (I use explorer, it is in Tools> Internet Options> Connections> Add) If you set it up with explorer you can then switch back to using firefox.

Unless your house is made of metal (or has metal framework) or it's the size of a small state, you're most likely getting interference or weak signal from interference.

Try changing your router wireless channel from the default (usually 6) to 1 or 11. This should go some way towards fixing the issue. Also, if your router or wireless PCI card antenna are not already, try putting them as high as possible to minimize obstructions or solid walls between the router & card.

I just tried the channel switching, and it helped a lot. Thanks!

Back