Verizon Wireless just droped a notch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Verizon Wireless just joined the ranks of the DMV! All I want to do is take advantage of an upgrade eligibility on my Galaxy Tab. I want to upgrade to the 10.1. So I go online, do my research, make my desision and head on in to the Verizon store to handle the device in person. I like it, so I tell the sales lady to ring it up! No problems so far.... then she tells me the total. I say wait a minute... this device is $100 off. She says no sir, it is not. I come back with yes maam it is, just go on your website. She comes back with Oh...we can't honor that price here in the store. Verizon Wireless online and the Verizon Wireless stores are seperate. (Now mind you this is an official Verizon Wireless store, not an authorized retail store.) So I say fine... I will save a hundred dollars and order it online. And I leave. So I go home order the device along with a couple of accessories and punch in my old credit card number. I get the order conformation email and I go to sleep. I wake up this morning and find out my credit card company pegged it as a fraudulant purchase and denided the charge and locked my account... perfect! So I get the block removed and I am told that I will have to contact verizon to reauthorize the purchase. SO... I call verizon wireless and get a nice customer service lady. Well sir she says I don't see that order in our system. I say that's probably because the credit card company denied the charge. She says ok, and I ask if I can go ahead and just place the order again with you. She says sure! Great! So she asked me which tablet I wanted and I told her, and she comes back with the price, and I say wait a minute... this is on sale for $100 less. She says well that was probably a cyber monday deal and now it is full price. I say no, I am looking at Verizon Wireless' website right now and it is showing $100 off. Well sir, we can't honor Verizon Wireless' online prices. Ok! WTF!! Are you not the same company? I ask... she says yes sir but we can't honor those prices. Ok.. I will just order it again online.... but wait!! My account is showing that I can't upgrade becaue my device is showing that I must activate it when it arrives.... but it will never arrive because the order was canceled. So the lady says I will have to wait until 8am and she will contact Internet Sales... which has no number to contact them directly.. and get the account reset. All I wanted to do was upgrade my tablet..... What a freakin joke!

Last edited:
In other words they have it set up to where no one can take advantage of the price. That is just damn close to fraud if you ask me. Sprint was great about pulling the exact same crap too. I got so angry with them. That really sucks Tom

In other words they have it set up to where no one can take advantage of the price. That is just damn close to fraud if you ask me. Sprint was great about pulling the exact same crap too. I got so angry with them. That really sucks Tom

I am almost ready to say screw it and just go to Best Buy and get a Wi Fi only iPad!!

Can I have your old tablet? :D

As for the internet vs store front prices, I too have heard the same things about them not honoring each others prices. A pain I know, but hopefully they get your case resolved quickly.

Curious, why did your credit card company think it was a fraudulent purchase?

Can I have your old tablet? :D

As for the internet vs store front prices, I too have heard the same things about them not honoring each others prices. A pain I know, but hopefully they get your case resolved quickly.

Curious, why did your credit card company think it was a fraudulent purchase?

I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said they are not quite sure why the block happened. They told me that Verizon tried once and it went through.... then the card was blocked and Verizon tried to charge once more and it was rejected because it was a double charge. Verizon then canceled the order all together and resended the original charge. Now I am trying to get Verizon correct so that I can place the order once more. This is proving to be a pain in the you know what!

If my wife had not already claimed it! She is going to use it as a Wi Fi only device. Of course if this doesn't go through I guess I will just keep it.... lol

This same thing occurs with Wal Mart, Game Stop, ETC; and it's nothing new. But I agree, it's total crap. Matter of fact Best Buy used to have a policy where they would match any brick and mortar stores price, but not their own website price. I've just stopped using these retailers with these business practices as much as I can, and shop online for everything when possible. For example, I've been to Wal Mart maybe six times all year long, and I haven't missed it either.

Best Buy is supposed to honor the price listed on their website. I have actually had them do that for several time in the past year. As far as tablets go, I wouldn't care to pay the surcharge for the Cupertino products. The Android tabs that are currently out are less expensive and more capable in expansion for less money. I have an Asus EE-Pc Transformer and love it.

Best Buy is supposed to honor the price listed on their website. I have actually had them do that for several time in the past year. As far as tablets go, I wouldn't care to pay the surcharge for the Cupertino products. The Android tabs that are currently out are less expensive and more capable in expansion for less money. I have an Asus EE-Pc Transformer and love it.

It's possible they may do it now, but they didn't in the past. I haven't been to one in over a year. But Wally World and Game Stop I've checked both in the past month, no dice.

I too like some of the new tablets, and I'm glad to see so much competition in that market. I'd like to have one, but just can't part with the current asking price for one. That cuts into my RC budget. :D

I too like some of the new tablets, and I'm glad to see so much competition in that market. I'd like to have one, but just can't part with the current asking price for one. That cuts into my RC budget. :D

Keep an eye open for Asus Transformer tablets going on ebay or craigslist for good deals as the new Asus Prime tablet will be released Dec. 8th so I'm sure people will be unloading their "old" tablets.

I too have the Transformer and love it, use it nearly every day.

Same thing happens when you deal with AT&T on-line and an AT&T store. Since most AT&T stores are interdependently owned and operated, they are not obligated to honor the on-line deals.

I find it more convenient to deal with AT&T on-line anyway.

I got a call this morning from a catering company that had their contract returned.
I spent an hour and a half on the phone with AT&T. My entire account was gone, along with all my contacts.
This now breaks the 5 hour mark talking to techs since I moved. I still don't have my original phone number back.

I didn't they would let you have "1" back because they've used it for long distance for at least the last half century.

Don't go to Best Buy!!! They absolutely screwed me! I bought a brand new HP laptop for my ol lady last year for Valentines Day. We took it home and took it out of the box and it worked for about 5 minutes before the screen went out. So we take it back less than 24 hours later with our receipt in hand. They tell us that since we didn't purchase the buyer protection plan there was nothing they could do. They said that we must have dropped it or damaged it in some way. So when I got mad enough to punch somebody in the face they threw me out of the store and kept our receipt. They said that since they did the setup on it they would never let it leave the store in that condition funny thing is they brought it out to us in a factory sealed box. So now I tell anyone who is thinking about going there not to I sent eamils to the store manager never got a respone. I sent eamails to their coporate office no resopnse. DO NOT USE BEST BUY!!!

thats crazy!!! me and the old lady bought 3 hp laptops last income tax season 1 for each kid and one for the old lady.. we ended up with a few hundred off and a free hp printer!!!.. I havent had a problem with best buy but I will only deal with either my aunt, or 2 of the people that she told me to deal with. they try and say they dont get any bonus for selling anything but if one person knows you are spending a bunch of money they try and stick up your butt until you cash out with them.. but yeah I agree online is somuch easier!!! you dont have to chase people down to try and find something online!!!.. The only place I make sure that I still go even if I realy dont need anything and that is my lhs!!!!.. you can never cut them out of your hobby comletely!!! They are to cool of places to go hang out and play around!! Well goodluck x-mass shopping this year!!!

Well I finally got it all worked out and my Tablet is in the mail. I even got the gray one at the same sale price the white tablet was going for. The 32GB in white was sold out so they extended the price to the gray tablet which was no different than the white except it was gray and $100 more. It was also the color I wanted first, but to save a $100 I ordered the white. Afterall color does not make any difference at all. When I finally got the Internet sales folks to call me back, they were very kind, cordial and proffessional. They got things resolved in a very timely manner. Overall I was pleased with the final transaction and must admit I think it was handled in the best way possible.

Good deal Tom, I like to hear things have a happy ending every once in a while.....becuase it does not happen real darn often. That kicks butt.

Good deal Tom, I like to hear things have a happy ending every once in a while.....becuase it does not happen real darn often. That kicks butt.

Happy ending yes.... but it took talking with three folks at Verizon Wireless customer support and beating my head against the wall to get there though! LOL

Well, at least they made it right for you.

Well, at least they made it right for you.

They did make it right, and when I got home last night there was a Fed Ex box full of goodies waiting for me on the doorstep. Of course my wife is out of town on Travel, so the only thing I was able to do was open the box to take a look. Hopefully tonight I will have time to activate it and give it a trial run!

Happy ending yes.... but it took talking with three folks at Verizon Wireless customer support and beating my head against the wall to get there though! LOL
Man you have no idea how many time I have been in the exact same boat....no matter how many times you explain it the wonderful person on the other end never understands what you are trying to say.