Which Toolbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Which Plano?

Votes: 7 43.8%

Votes: 2 12.5%

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well racing season is going to be starting back up here soon and i have yet to get a decent box. I remember awhile back guys said they liked one of the plano fishing tackle boxes for racing. can't remember which one it was so if you guys had your choice which would you pick?

Just go my Plano for Christmas, this one is by far the best IMO....I dont like all the pull out seperate containers to keep track of. Top fits fluid bottles nicely.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=20887&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

HMMM just checked out the others.... and mines cheaper! I have some extra containes for scews and smaller bits so I dont have to put in in my pit box. Chris has the one I have and it works SOOO well I had to search to find one. If you dont like the one I posted...I would go with the 737

Last edited:
I am partial to the 737.

I use a triple 7 and another, don't remember the number. I have several of the inner boxes for the triple 7 and grab them as needed if I'm only taking one vehicle with me.

PiErow said:
Well racing season is going to be starting back up here soon and i have yet to get a decent box. I remember awhile back guys said they liked one of the plano fishing tackle boxes for racing. can't remember which one it was so if you guys had your choice which would you pick?

Check out this one. WalMart $20. It Rolls...seperate into a box and a big storage bin(holds small cars or 2 gallons of gas)

The sticker reading "NEW" is a rotating compartment with TONS of little places for small parts.

Theres two small places on the shoulders, and then under the lid. Best thing I've ever had:banana:

100-0001_IMG.jpg

I have the 777 and that wallyworld one.....the 777 is for tools and universal spare parts and the roller holds the specific parts in bins and my DC power supply w/ starter, radio, fuel and chargers....I strap the buggy to the lid and can carry almost everything in one haul now.....

I use the Plano 7271 and a pit bag.