Which is better??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustler.152.5

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, I just got a sudden urge to look at 18th scale electric cars. Which is best, for price and durability (more on the side of duratbility). I've never owned electric or anything liek it (cept radio shack cars). I've been a nitro guy.

i love my rc18t, i haven't had any experience with the others but this thing is faster then i ever thought it would be. and it is super tough for how small it is.

I've heard a lot of good things about the rc18t, all the reviews are good. Lot's os speed and good components right out of the box.

Personally, I can only give a recommendation on a mini-t because I actuallyhave one. I absolutely love it although, it took a couple hop up for me to enjoy it as much as I do now. I couldn't believe how long it took for me to actually break it, very durable.

If I were in the market to buy one or the other I would defiately go with the RC18t, jut a better value overall right out of the box. There are some other new 1/18ths on the market as well that deserve some attention although not quite so popular. If you're lookin to spend quite a bit less money I think the Itsy Bitsy spider is worth a look at.

I'm not so much worried about price. But i want speed. I want something that i can hop-up alot, and drive around the house lol. :)

go with the rc18t, they do like 20 out of the box... hell if you wanna spend some bones go on ebay and do a search, you can probably find one with a mamba brushless in it already.

ok, kool. How fast can you get them to go really. Like best motor, and battery packs. Tell me about this mamba motor too.

check out www.castlecreations.com They are the manufacturer of the mamba brushless motor. I'm pretty sure it fits in the rc18t w/o any modifications whatsoever.
here's some video that was recently posted on this site of a mini-t with a brushless motor brushless mini-t vids
There are 4 differerent motors to choose from. the ones with the lowest number run the longest but with less top speed, the ones with the higher numbers will have the shortest runtimes but with the highest possible rpms. Check out this pdf.... gives a good idea of possible speeds with different battery setups and different motors. Keep in mind this chart is for mini-t's but I would assume the it would be comparable to the rc18t. mamba chart
LiPo batteries are your best friend with these motors, they are the longest lasting battery and can provide more power than standard AA, or NiMhs. (up to 11.1v with a 3 cell I think) but you will need a charger specifically for LiPo batteries, NiMh or NiCd chargrs WILL NOT work. I've heard of 45 minute runtimes with mamba/LiPo combinations. the speed control that comes in the mamba kit is also programmable. you can decide between 3 settings that balance performance vs. runtime. pretty neat stuff if you're willing to dump the cash.

I personally reccomend you to stay away from the Itsy Bitsy Spyder. From everything I've heard about them from people that have them, they're a piece of crap....they've got tons of problems with them. Plus, it's Trinity. Trinity puts out good products, but they're just starting to get into the RTR market and you'll have one heck of a time trying to get parts for it.

I've got an RC18T and I love it! I heard of durability problems with them, but I've been pretty rough on mine and it's held up great. IMO for the money you can't beat it.

wow, that thing flies, lol. I'm a speed demon. Thanx for the input on the itsy bitsy spider, ill remember that. What MaH number should i get (i have no knowledge whatso ever on electric rc cars, cept i read up on brushless and brushed motors. Also, does the 4wd eat up the battery?

Last edited:
thanks for the input Gil, havn't heard anything about that yet. just thought it looked like a decent piece for the money. Anyways, rustler it jus depends on how long you wanna run it. for me the longer the better, as a guide, I have a mini-t with a 7.2v 1200mah battery with a baja brushed motor. i get about 15 minutes of good runtime.

Geeze on that mamba table, they had one clocked over 60?? Ok, i just dont want a car that runs 5 or 10 min. til its dead, i wanna be able to pull it outta the driveway without having to recharge once its on the street lol. I saw the competition x system, does it have the same features as the regular competition. I saw the regular has auto shut off, and alot of nice features, but its slower. :bored: :shrug:

I'm pretty sure they all have the same setup features. Just depends on how fast and how long you want to run it.

Back