Whats your idea of a perfect rc track?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
dirt or paved?
oval or road course?
technical or speed?

If you could live next to your ideal race track - what would it have to have?

"close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.....well....maybe atom bombs too."

Here are mine:

**Onroad**
• Paved
• Road Course
• Speed

** Offroad**
• Dirt
• Road Course
• Technical

Paved oval with nice high banked turns and an infield suitable for a road track.

A technical off road track with a nice blue groove.

Tons of sexy woman, a bar and loud rock and roll playing across a P.A. system.

You wanted honesty right?

As far as the tracks themself, you have to accommodate 8th scales, monster trucks and stadium trucks for your offroad. If you decide to go onroad just make sure you can run both oval and course. You should be able to manage that with 2x4's or something more rigid to divide lanes etc..

Fast eddy - what is a blue groove?
christian - funny u mentioned that - i was toying around with the idea about having a band play for the opening day party. Since I work for an arts and entertainment newpaper, I am friends with tons of local bands.

Fast eddy - what is a blue groove?
christian - funny u mentioned that - i was toying around with the idea about having a band play for the opening day party. Since I work for an arts and entertainment newpaper, I am friends with tons of local bands.

are banked corners manditory? I am worried i will not be able create them perfectly as my expertise in this type of work is minimal.

No they arent. Keep in mind, they are easy on the dirt tracks. Get some hard fill first and then fill the rest in with dirt. If you put up a sign out front that says 'hard fill wanted' you will have dumptrucks there within days. Especially if it is in a high traffic area.

The band would be kickass! Thats what I call doing it right!

Blue groove is a term for nicely packed dirt. This is when the track gets almost a blue color from the trucks and cars running it. It's the best time for the best traction. :) Trust me, blue groove is everything when it comes to hardcore racing.

"Hit the blue groove!" :p

As for my favorite track. A little bit of everything for an offroad track. A nice straight stretch. Some hard and some easy turns. Different speed turns definetly. And some jumps, just not really insane ones :D

:) Ask the people that SAME question. Just ask who will race there. Ask them what they'd like to see in a new track, and you'll get both popularity points, and insight. If you build it they will come. If you ask them how to build it, they'll come faster. :D

My ideal "track" has nothing to do with racing and everything to do with bashing. I think I would prefer some kind of offroad playground. Right now, I have the most fun pounding around construction sites. Lots of big piles of dirt to climb or launch off of. All kinds of nifty terrain features that the big earth movers create either intentionally or not...oh, wait you wanted something from those who race...sorry, can't really help you there.

One that is in my backyard, where all of my "new" friends with R/Cs hang out. :beer:

I really like your idea Sky. An offroad playground, that would be great. Kinda like when they do the freestyle competition at the monster jams. Some jumps, some stuff to climb, big open running spaces, really mix it up. It could easily be changed around with a bobcat to keep it intersting. That is very cool idea.

in my backyard...... actually in the process of building one right now in the back yard. will have pics when done:w00t:

:banana: Mrfatride!!! RIGHT ON! Lets see some pics! I'm waiting for the ground to dry, go figure its going to rain, my cousin is going to let me build one on his farm. He just wants me to bring the fill in. Trucks are too heavy for the wet land now. can't WAIT!

Come on mother nature!

I only play in the dirt!:D A picture says a thousand words.
Endview.jpg

That your backyard?

SWEET!

How is the new ride coming along?

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Tons of sexy woman, a bar and loud rock and roll playing across a P.A. system.

You wanted honesty right?

As far as the tracks themself, you have to accommodate 8th scales, monster trucks and stadium trucks for your offroad. If you decide to go onroad just make sure you can run both oval and course. You should be able to manage that with 2x4's or something more rigid to divide lanes etc..

I hear that just not the bar part maybe a arcade or a hobby shop or a Minors alowed strip club OHH YA!:beer:

DANG 3maxx, I don't even want to know how fast I could get around that thing. But I'm sure I would be quick :D

I'l like a gravel strip for drag racing in a "play ground" :D

3maxxman - did u design that yourself??? If so- would you mind PMin me or posting some of the specs here, such as the size (200x75???) as well as any special dirt used. My father is excellent at designing things out of wood, so he will be building the driver stand.

yeah i would also like to know what the dimensions are for that track. mine is lookin to be 85x85 ft at the moment.

How about a 'side view' from the drivers stand :)

Sorry for the delay getting back... that is my local track, it's at my friends house. He owns 10 acres uses about 1/4 acre for the track. the lanes are 12 feet wide, I'm not sure about the size anymore it changes so often. The layout now takes the front straight through a dog leg into the big burm at the top of the picture. The track is called Maxxland here is a link Maxxland (click here) there are some building photos on the track page. (at the top look for the link.)

Back